“Couldn't get more terrible!”

Planters Restaurant at Planters Garden Centre
Ranked #37 of 166 Restaurants in Tamworth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

After visiting the restaurant a week previous to this current visit, I wasn't very sure about the restaurant. The service was slow, the food came out even slower and generally wasn't amazing. I had to wait 45 minutes for an omelette which was annoying but thought I'd give the restaurant another chance so this Saturday I visited the restaurant again.
Ordered my omelette, along with a second omelette for my father and a simple salad for my mother. 1 hour we waited! As our order was up, I went to the food section to collect it saying that I noticed our food was on the hot plate for over 15 mins, the server couldn't give me a straight answer as to how long it was on there. The food was stone cold but the plate was scolding.
Not happy! Will never be coming here again. Cold food. Poor service. No simple apologies.

On the plus side, their wifi worked which enabled me to write this review.

2  Thank jordasauruss

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant here serves the standard of food that you might expect. On Thursdays, though, they do a very good deal. Two people can have two courses for a total of £8.99. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the food is good simple fare. I would recommend a visit.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good quality, home cooked food, lots of choice from sandwiches, panini's and chips to a big servery with plenty of meat and two vege as well as great puddings from fresh scones to treacle sponge! Just what you want after you take the family there on their High Ropes Course!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was shocked to see this even in the rank! I waiting a long time for something that appeared to be a lump of greasy mess on my plate!!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Fab breakfast here including veggie options, they've won awards for it. The staff at Planters are always friendly, it's a nice atmosphere. I think they do a carvery too, although I haven't been to try that. They do great kids lunches with proper chunky homemade sandwiches and a lot of healthy choices.