All reviewsfrankie and bennyslidl storestayed herebreakfast boxdrayton manorodeon cinematravel lodgetown centreroom was cleanfamily roomwalking distanceplenty of free parkingminutes walk awaysnow domeair conditioningcomfortable stayconvenient location
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Fantastic location everything in a walking distance.
Staff was welcoming.
Room was clean.
Beds comfortable & was provided a fan.
First time at a travel lodge but not my last we planning are next break away there.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed July 10, 2017

This is the second time we've stayed at this travel lodge. Friendly staff both times. Clean room, very comfortable bed, good size family room as we had 1 double bed, 2 singles and a proper bathroom, with a bath. Great location for Thomas Land!
Frankie and Bennys opposite and a Lidl next door

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank GLizz93
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night rooms are clean and staff helpful
The room We stayed in was large, clean and comfortable. The room was warm (It's the height of summer) so aircon should be the way forward but it didn't stop me sleeping. We had a good night and would stay here again. Location is brill right in the middle of town. The only thing I would say is you may want to review in summer black out blinds. Great place

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2017

After travelling for 2 days from the centre of France with very little sleep in between, we were very disappointed to find that when we went to bed at the Travel Lodge at 22.30 hrs. the room was very hot even though the window was open. Also five minutes after we got into bed, we were disturbed by the noise of trains immediately outside the window. This continued until very late in the night.

I did go to the reception to confirm there was no air conditioning. The man on duty was very understanding and sympathetic and said the only thing he could do was to change rooms. I decided not to as we had already unpacked and gone to bed - also there was no air conditioning any where else in the hotel.

I informed the night staff that I would try to find somewhere else to stay the next day which I did.

After finding somewhere else to stay the following day, I returned to the Travel Lodge to hand in the key. I told the manager we were leaving and gave her the reason why. She told me that the night staff had already spoken to her and that she was very sorry for the uncomfortable night we had to endure and immediately gave me a refund for the the remaining days paid for (3 days).

What is sad about all this is that the hotel was very clean- the room was very well looked after and the staff we had come into contact with were very apologetic and understanding.

The owners of this group should do more to support their good staff by providing the basic requirements for visitors to their premises.

I cannot comment on the food or the wi-fi situation we never had chance to utilise them.

Well done to the staff

Room Tip: Do not use the rooms backing on to the railway or main road
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Charlotte from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Tamworth Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

During the warmer spells, we know how vital it is to offer rooms to relax and beat the weather. Please allow us to thank you for sharing your helpful review of our Tamworth Central Travelodge with us.

To achieve a cooler room we have take measures to ensure our guests are comfortable, we have provided fans and lighter bed linen for our guests. Your feedback is the utmost importance to us and we will ensure your comments are passed to the hotel team. Many thanks for your feedback, we do hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights on a recent fame trip to Thomas Land. It's only a 10 minute drive to the park. 2 mins walk into town and Aldi & Lidl. It was 32 degrees when I stayed and the hotel did everything they could to help with the situation. Curtains were drawn and a fan was put in our room. They also provided us with lots of well needed cold water which really helped. Can't believe previous reviews are complaining there was no air con, it's a Travelodge!! These temperatures only last for about 3 days every year. I will be returning, and recommend to all

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family