“Good enough to come back to”

Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery - The Pretty Pigs
Ranked #127 of 155 Restaurants in Tamworth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery we’re a friendly bunch and pride ourselves on giving the warmest of welcomes. So when you pop over to our place, whether it’s to catch up with friends over a refreshing drink or because you just can’t be bothered to cook, we hope you’ll find it like a home from home – without the washing up! We’ve something for all the family - from freshly carved, slow cooked roasts, stonebaked pizzas made from 100% fresh dough, tasty pub classics like hand battered fish, plus a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes.
Hurley, United Kingdom
“Good enough to come back to”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Popping out to here on a Sunday is a regular option for me and my girlfriend. We sit down for a meal early in the afternoon and then play some cards. It's affordable and edible. I've never had dry or bland food from here, in fact I'd say the standard is pretty high for the price, and although the quality does fluctuate week to week it's always a pleasure to eat here with no reason that I have found to complain. I've always found the staff to be efficient, friendly and helpful, the tables and environment warm and clean, and I come back here frequently.

• Visited March 2013

Stafford, United Kingdom
“manegament”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My patner and i went for a meal today,at 4 in the afternoon,as it would be nice and quiet,we were served quickly at the bar,and got a table.The food was average as usual,but we sat down to eat.Then we had to endure the foul language coming from the manager,who was in the kitchen,this foul language continued as he emerged into the restaurant,my partner complained to the waiter,he went away,came back and appologised on his behalf (which he should'nt have to do) I am totaly disgusted with this behaviour coming from someone in charge,who should be setting an example.

• Visited February 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Another Good Crown Carvery”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Visited this pub today, the food was, as usual good honest English fare, at 2pm there was room for our party of 4 to be seated immediately in perhaps a smaller than usual resturant, this said there was plenty of space between tables but made for a cosy ambience. The staff were all very helpfull, nothing seemed too much trouble and we were made to feel at home.
Service was swift at the carvery and the food was all hot and fresh. I have no been in the Pretty Pigs since 1982, it has changed a lot ( for the better ) but I have to say the Gents toilet was pretty much as I remember it, perhaps the next refurb could take this into consideration, it is as clean as it can be but well worn !!
Once again a big thank you to the staff, really good dining experience, Crown Cavery can be ( gents apart ) well proud of this pub

• Visited February 2013
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We live fairly close to this place and used to visit often, last few visits we have found the prices creeping up but the food standard going down, it's quite often cold specially if you go when there not very busy as its been sitting around for ages, shame as it used to be really convenient for us, after several 'cold' dinners we are not in a rush to return

Barnsley, United Kingdom
1,191 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,820 helpful votes
“You get what you pay for!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Visited this carvery for lunch with work colleagues. Usual overcooked veg & generally poor quality fare. Cheap food. I would have preferred a sandwich from M & S!!

• Visited January 2013