“Worth another stay over”

Drayton Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

From arrival the service was excellent, does what it says on the tin. Rooms have an old fashioned but homely feel and are exceptionally clean. Everything we wanted for a quick overnight stay. Short distance to retail park and the hospitality at the hotel is definitely worth a stay in the future

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked a family room for the night as we were taking our two young children to drayton manor park for a birthday treat.
The hotel was not at all as I expected from looking at the reviews and the hotel website. The staff (the two that we saw) were fantastic, friendly and very welcoming, however we were expecting a small luxury country house hotel, as was infrered on the website. this is not the case. it is an old fashioned and slightly tired building with a little dated decor. The family room was large and beds comfortable, it had almost everything we wanted, however, after a long wet day at the theme park we would have liked to have been able to give the children a warm bath. We only had a shower in our room, which, with a kid of 10months and one of 2 was a little awkward.

The restaurant and bar had irrigular, non-specified closing times friday - sunday, and no info was given on arrival as to whether they were open or not. We ended up popping to the local shop for water and biscuits.

I was initaitialy very disappointed as we were expecting greater things, the website really oversells the hotel, but after a goods nights sleep in a VERY clean room we were happy.

Dont get me wrong, I WOULD stay again, with lower expectaions (2**) and be very happy and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Check to see if the rooms have a bath.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Absolutely fabulous room with my own garden for night before wedding. Excellent meal - lashings of champagne, attentive and authentic staff - didn't 't want to leave! Hearty and wholesome breakfasts...will go back!

Room Tip: All rooms were lovely - bridesmaids enjoyed the facilities as well
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki H
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My Partner and I recently stayed at the Drayton Court Hotel as we were attending an event at Drayton Manor. The reception by the landlady was lovely she made us feel really welcome, along with complimentary Tea and Coffee accompanied by home made fruit cake (delightful). The room we had was number 19 and while it was small it was spacious enough for what we needed it for. It was comfortable with a lovely bathroom, extremely clean and pleasant to stay in. The hotel itself was in a fantastic location, there was lots of parking, the whole hotel was immaculately clean. The Breakfast was lovely, with toast, yoghurt cereal full English and tea/coffee nothing requested was too much bother. If you are looking for a gloriously quaint hotel to relax in and feel at home then the Drayton Court Hotel is the one for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have stayed at drayton court hotel for two nights this week on business,the staff are like one big family,nothing was too much trouble, STEAK PIE, out of this world. Thankyou for makeing my staff a very welcome one. Mmmmm I have got to say it again STEAK PIE. Also the warm welcome on arrival was nice,my room was clean and plenty spacious. Breakfast was delightful,all meals were of a very good standard and very tasty. My overall experience was very enjoyable,warm,friendly,with excellent service every step of the way. I felt my stay was seen to on a personal level, and not just a number,thankyou again

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank steakpieman
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

On arrival the staff were very polite and helpful. The rooms are quite basic. The decor and layout could be better, although for an overnight stay more than adequate. The food portions are generous and well prepared. The walls are quite thin, noise from the corridor or neighbors clearly audible.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Spencersboy
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stay in Hotels each and every week in the U.K and often dont remember one from another just part of my working week . I loved this Hotel Warm and Friendly I felt at home relaxed and welcome Kate and Her team Did me and my wife proud ! A big thanks for Making our stay one we enjoyed this lovely Hotel is full of charm and well worth a visit. Home cooking and friendly staff a rare treat. Thank you very much Roy Kingsley (Community Network)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roy K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Drayton Manor Hotel
2 mi away
The Gungate
The Gungate
#9 of 11 in Tamworth

Been to Drayton Court Hotel? Share your experiences!