“Our wedding day. ”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Swadlincote, England
“Our wedding day. ”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Me and wife got married at the castle hotel on the 11/8/13. The staff was really great. Food and the room out of this world. The weather was really good for us. The wedding plans was spot on, the wedding host was really great could laugh and joke with.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Williamdallimore82
CastleHotelTamworth, General Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments they are much appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I got married here on the 4th July 2014. What an excellent choice we made!!! The service was outstanding from start to finish the staff could not have done more for us or our guests. The food was great served quickly and efficiently and there was lots of it!!. The room looked amazing it really had the wow factor the staff worked so hard. Our master of ceremonies was called Phil he was a lovely friendly guy, really professional and so well organized he was instrumental in making our day so wonderful. We would highly recommend the castle hotel for any occasion. Many thanks to all the staff there

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CastleHotelTamworth, General Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you Dawn & Andrew for your lovely comments, it was a pleasure to contribute to your special day.
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We attended a wedding here on Friday 4th July and had a fantastic day. The staff at this hotel were brilliant. They were friendly, efficient and attentive. The Master of Ceremonies, Phil, was outstanding in his organisation and the whole team were really helpful. Best service I have experienced in any hotel for quite some time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ruth C
CastleHotelTamworth, General Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your comments Ruth, it's much appreciated, I hope we have the pleasure of looking after you again sometime.
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I was supposed to stay 2 nights at this hotel booked in on Saturday 28th June 2014.if it wasn't for my friend getting married on the Sunday I would of walked into my room and walked straight back out.thought it was tired looking and the carpets and woodwork looked like it could of benefited from a good scrup.I didn't sleep the wedding it self was beautiful food lovely perfect day I packed all my things up on the Sunday evening and decided to go home . Really really very disappointed with this hotel..which put a shadow over the whole day as I was very tired on the Sunday the only reason I gave a 2 rating was solely for the wedding
Sharon manning

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
CastleHotelTamworth, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you Sharon for your review. I am disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Had you mentioned to us during your stay that you were unhappy in any way with your room we could have arranged to move you to a different room which may have been more suited to your needs. You were allocated Room 14 as you were here for 2 nights so it was a quiet room opposite where the Bride was staying the night prior so that you were all close together to get ready for the wedding on Sunday morning. I apologise if the décor was not to your taste, however I can assure you it was repapered at the beginning of the year when we refurbed several rooms and replaced carpets in all but a few bedrooms.

I am glad you enjoyed the wedding; I just wish you had made us aware of your issues prior to departure so that we could have had a chance to rectify them.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am totally blown away by the service, venue, staff and value for money at The Castle Hotel. We booked a sit down 3 course meal for 48 people, at £15 a head. Guests had wine and a top up and coffee as well. There was no room charge and they even had a meeting with us so the tables could be set in the right colours. They were so helpful and I would absolutely recommend anyone to go and have a look at the facilities. I would definitely go there again as the food was delicious as well. Just want to thank everybody there for a brilliant day. Mum and dad were totally blown away

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CastleHotelTamworth, General Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thanks for your lovely comments and I am pleased to read your appreciation of our efforts. Thank you. I hope we see you again soon.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had our wedding at the hotel and from start to finish the service was excellent. Staff were extremely helpful throughout, especially Nikki, Heather and Phil our master of ceremonies. It was the most perfect day with everyone being made to feel at home and catering for everyone's needs including wheel chairs. Food was excellent, the service fantastic, the room as we imagined it to be. Could not find fault with the package, excellent value for money and would recommend the whole experience to anybody.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CastleHotelTamworth, General Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you, pleased you had a great wedding with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding at the castle hotel and have to say it was the best day of our lives! Everything was better than we imagined it to be in every way! The staff couldn't do enough for you and it was extremely well organised, there wasn't a moment that you felt uncomfortable! We would like to thank all the staff for putting on the best day for everyone and ensuring everything went smoothly, special thanks to Nikki and Heather for being so professional about every moment and special thanks to kian on the day for being our master of ceremony, he was a diamond! We would recommend this venue to everyone and the package you get is by far the best deal you will find! Location and price especially! Wouldn't change the day for anything!! Thanks again guys!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank mattandsophie
Thank you for you review, it is always a pleasure to read that how much the hard work we put into making a perfect day is appreciated. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Holiday Inn Express Tamworth
Drayton Court Hotel
Drayton Court Hotel
#3 of 11 in Tamworth
Holiday Inn Express Lichfield

Been to Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!