“Good Food, Slow Service.”
Review of The Grill Inn

The Grill Inn
Ranked #19 of 160 Restaurants in Tamworth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stopped for dinner after a day at Thomas Land. We were expecting it to be busy, full of people leaving the park, but there were only about 4-5 tables in use, however the service was still rather slow for a half empty restaurant. The food was presented nicely and was pretty tasty. And dessert was great, a lovely piece of cheesecake.
Some reviewers have moaned about all the kids, but what do you expect for a restaurant at a theme park.
Overall, service was slow, food was good and prices were reasonable to expensive (the 10% off voucher from the park helped make it a little cheaper).
Couple of other points for the restaurant, sort out your signs the location is not obvious and the taps in the toilets are very temperamental.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

A month ago a party of 6 of us traveled 10 miles to the Grill Inn to celebrate our friends 50th Birthday, we had seen the Menu on line and looked Lovely we booked and looked forward to the visit.Well we all arived and upon arival found a note on the door, sayin "Closed for private party" when we eventually got to see someone they explained that there manager had recently left and they had contacted all but 2 of the pople booked for the night in question, and much to our surprise we were told thast we not even on the list to contact, fortunatly one of our party had the log of the telephone call we made to book it, the duty Manager apologisedf and said if we wanted we could go in the hotel restaurant and have a 50% discount. We went over but found the Restaurant more like fast food restaurant than a place to spend a 50th special birthdday, the Hotel restaurant manager apologised and we left. One of our party email into the Grill Inn and had a letter back full of apology and offered us a 3 course meal for the 6 off us free for tyhe inconveniance, we agreed and booked the return. We arived tonight 20th November, no real greeting the only people in the place eating and when we gave our name no mention of the free meal, of the preferential service we were to be offered the lady who took our order, who we later found out was the duty manager was excellent, but the young waiters that brought our meals had nothing about them, not even eye contact or friendly smile, upon finishing our meal we were asked if we would like the bill, we then advised the duty manager that the meal was comlimentary, she knew nothig about this, fortunatly we had copys of the emails sent and recieved and she accepted these and could not apologise enough we felt sorry for her, a big breakdown in communication all round the 6 of us dinning are all in Customer service enviroments, and were shocked at the lack of communication, we were asked if we would return, and we again said the food was fantastic, but sadly no - the ball is now in there court now, see if they get in contact with us

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I & our two children aged 6 & 4 ate here when we visited Drayton Manor Park. We arrived for food at 4pm and the restaurant was still very busy, but not overly crowded. We had to wait about 30 minutes for our food, which was tasty and hot, but I felt it was overpriced for the quality. They provide table service for drinks, which was quick. I felt cleanliness could be improved, i.e. the table was sticky and cutlery unclean.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were visiting the theme park and decided to try the new Grill. We were a party of four the youngest of which ws 15. It was very quiet with only three other tables occupied and there seemed to be plenty of staff walking around. We were seated at once and a waiter returned within 10 minutes to take our order. We ordered two chicken burgers with bacon and cheese , a beef burger with bacon and cheese and a mozarella tomato and red pesto ciabata plus two portions of onion rings to share. Our drinks arrived quickly but we still hadn't received our food after 35 minutes. I asked the waiter who replied " They are doing it all together and it will be out soon. After a further 10 minutes our food arrived. my ciabatta was not just cold but icy cold. I asked the waitress who said it should be toasted. She took it back and returned it at room temperature. My son's beefburger was good but my daughters chicken breast was raw in the middle and so was left. I pointed out to the waiter politely that my sandwich had been cold and the chicken in my daughters meal was raw. He mumbled that sandwiches should be cold and I will get the bill and walked away. I said that I would be unwilling to pay for the raw chicken meal he just said take it up with the manager. The manager did not quibble and said at once I will remobve it from your bill. I do not think that this is the first time he has had to do this. I feel that with a better group of employees the restaurant would be a pleasant addition to a day out at the theme park but would not use it otherwise as for the type of food we received I thought it was a little expensive. In conclusion the staff need a course in customer care and the kitchen needs to invest in a meat thermometer.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Fair enough there were too many kids but then it is at a theme park and we did go in the park season. But it was an amazing ribeye steak, beautiful pepper sauce and fine service.