“Lovely hotel, a bit pricey but we had an enjoyable stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drayton Manor Hotel

Drayton Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
“Lovely hotel, a bit pricey but we had an enjoyable stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked a night in a Thomas themed room with character breakfast & entry to the park (stay & play package) for my sons 4th birthday. The room was exactly as described - fantastic for a Thomas fan & the bathroom was large & very clean. The double bed mattress was uncomfortable but the kids slept well in the Thomas bunk bed. The character breakfast with the Fat Controller was really good, & the certificates & stickers were a nice touch. Thomas land itself was great - we had a fab day topped off by a fantastic firework display. Would def come back & do it again, even though it is a bit pricey to stay in the Thomas room, it was worth it to see the look on our sons face when we walked in!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Philip B, Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and really glad that that your son enjoyed the Thomas themed room.

I'll look in to your feedback regarding the mattress in the room being uncomfortable and I apologise for this.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel over night on Saturday as we had a deal which included entry to the theme park and firework display. Firstly when we arrived we could not park in the hotel car park as all the guests from the previous night had not moved their cars as they were in the theme park. Sadly we could not park in the car park at all during the stay and had to park near the new Grill restaurant which was not convenient in pouring rain having to move luggage etc. The hotel is very smart inside with high quality fittings in the all the public areas including the bars and restaurants. I did not eat in the restaurant other than breakfast so I cannot comment on the meals or service. The breakfast was nice with a good selection. Our room was nice with three single beds and modern fixtures of a high quality, including a nice bathroom.

What the hotel seemed to lack was a personal touch, you do not feel a guest, just purely a customer. Wifi for instance, you get 30 mins free and then you have to pay £5 per hour!

On Sunday morning the fire alarm went off, so we were late getting to breakfast finishing just after 10 am. Unknown to us the check out was at 10 so they turned off our room keys which meant a line up at the reception just to get the keys brought to life to get access to the rooms to get our stuff and leave. With the money they charge for the hotel a little customer service goes a long way.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I've read through the points you've made and I apologise that we may have fallen short in some areas.

We do take guest feedback very seriously and I will work with the team to try and improve on providing that personal touch that seemed to be missing during your stay.

We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

defiantly worth the visit. The staff were super nice and friendly. The Food was amazing, I even ate two things I normally wouldn't. Overall I'm very impressed and would defiantly go back again maybe stay a littl. Longer.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Our friendly staff are already waiting to welcome you back to the hotel - this time for as long as you like! Thank you for your feedback.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We booked hotel and park for ours sons 2nd birthday after recommendation from a friend, so glad we did. Hotel was great from moment we booked room to moment we checked out. Initially booked family room but on arrival upgraded to Thomas the tank themed room for additional £50, really worth the extra. Really good size room incl double bed, bunk beds and travel cot. Room was really clean and staff very helpful. Next day walked the whole 250m to the park entrance ahead if a really full on fun packed day. Rides to suit all ages as had children 2, 5 and 8 and all had a ball including mum and dad. Will definitely book again

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It is pleasing to see you had fun throughout your stay at Drayton Manor Hotel. I hope your son had a 2nd birthday to remember and that the Thomas themed bedroom contributed to his happiness on such a special day. Thank you for the time put aside to review our hotel, and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I took my 13 year old daughter to Drayton Manor Park for her birthday in October half term (2013) and as a special treat stayed overnight in the hotel. Could not fault the hotel at all, apart from the delay in check in. The breakfast was wonderful, plenty of choice and cooked to perfection. The twin room and bathroom was spacious and of good quality. I would stay here again without a doubt if the park was worthing coming back to. which sadly it is not.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Drayton Manor H... T, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you liked the room and that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. I am sorry to hear the feedback about the park and of the delay you experienced at check-in - I am currently working to find ways to improve this aspect of our guest's experience. I will pass your comments on to the head chef regarding the high quality of food produced.
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Has a 'themed' hotel is was pretty p*ss poor! Previously staying at Alton Towers Hotel which was amazing I thought it would be the same kind of experience with Drayton Manor.

Reception area was....ok, had a few Thomas characters and a Thomas carousel which kept the kids amused for a few minutes but it didn't last..

Pre booked an evening meal through their website only to find it wasn't once we were able to check in....

Had to question the bill three times because of discrepancies...

The room booked was standard. It was modern, spacious and clean so no complains here. Themed room was extra which come as standard staying in Alton Towers which is a shame..

Would have been nice if we were advised to bring our own trains to use with tracks available within the dining area!!....it was hard explaining to my Son that he couldn't play. I didn't have a spare kidney available to pay for one in the shop, the price was extortionate!!!...but i'm sure that's deliberate to get you forking out for one.

Overall price wasn't worth it, but i'm glad I took my Son and and stayed in Thomas Land.

Future bookings will be made, but will be be staying at Alton Towers, 100% better!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear your recent stay did not meet expectations. We do have trains available at reception for a £10 deposit - I will work with the team to ensure this is better advertised going forward. I will pass the problems you experienced with us onto relevant departments to minimise the chance of them happening again. I thank you on highlighting areas on which we can improve for the future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

thomas room was big enough for a family , the girl alex at reception made us feel welcomed n very happy n smily . bit dispointed about the breakfast was cold and the serviceat breakfast was very slow in the breakfast with thomas ...the staff esp the young ones stood chatting when the other staff were rushing about trying to get tea n toast out . the theme park was brilliant my little boy went on nearly every thing and hardly any queues . just the staff could of been more jolly ... the grill inn we had dinner at night time we did the package on line the staff didn understand the allocation of 20 pound witch the should as it a part of the complex the all work togther... but the food was really nice . the hotel could do with abit of entainmemt on a night time later then 7 as be time we got out of the park at 5 check in to our hotel and then to room to get sorted for dinner n be at dinner at 6.30 but once we finish our dinner the was notthing to do so we just sat in grill inn till 9 ...the package we paid for the could of been a longer enteriment on the was a disco on 5 til 7 but people will have wanted to go book in hotel n get sorted tp go out b4 goin to a disco .. but overall my son enjoyed it ....

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad to hear your son enjoyed his time at the hotel! The entertainment programme is currently being worked on as an area to improve, ready for the 2014 season. We have taken your other comments on board and will try our best to action them in due course. Thank you for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Holiday Inn Express Tamworth
Castle Hotel
Castle Hotel
#8 of 11 in Tamworth
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent

Been to Drayton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!