“Kamron made out night !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ivory Tusk

Ivory Tusk
Ranked #61 of 154 Restaurants in Tamworth
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Kamron made out night !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went there last night with my friends and family had a wonderful evening the good was good do was the service. Kamron one if the waiter was lovely and looked after us all through the evening we will be coming back that's for sure, thanks kamron

Tamworth
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our third Christmas day at this restaurant great choice good service, made to feel welcome by all the staff will be booking again very soon, very extensive menu you can take your own favorite drink which in it self is a bonus, well done all at ivory tusk.

• Visited December 2012
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Good for Specialities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went here on recommendation from our daughter. The 2 people that had 'basic' curries were a bit dissapointed. My wife had a speciality that was good. I had a Chefs Special that came on it's own plate with rice included and was really good. Very tasty, spicy without being 'hot'.
I would go back to have a Chef's Special which would only need a Naan bread rather than the usual aray of Aloe etc. Even though it has a bar, it's still a BYO, which we did.
If you just want a 'basic' curry go elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“If it wasn't surrounded by such strong competition it would be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

But the plethora of Asian restaurants in this corner of tamworth and especially around fazeley mean that this place is a little overpriced and not good value when compared to its neighbours. The food is good though and service adequate; If you try a few of its competitors you will see what I mean. Good but not great. Parking is an issue in this area. As in there pretty much isn't any!

Bideford, United Kingdom
“Mutton dressed as lamb I am afraid”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Don't get me wrong, as far as indian restaurants go, this is distinctly average, the problem is it is tarted up to look like something it isn't. It's really quite expensive when compared with Kudos down the road.

The service was fine and the ambience in the restaurant is also fine; it's just the that the curry is distinctly average in the all-sauce-and-no-meat sort of way that some of these establishments are.

I had a mixed tandoori starter which was still cold in some parts because it hadn't been microwaved through properly (honestly guys - microwaved!) I asked how hot their Madras was and was told it was reasonable, well blow me down. I like chilli, I grow my own, I mill my own mixtures, in fact I am somewhat an expert, and I like hot food. This madras was firmly and squarely at the top end of vindaloo, just painful really. At least they brought me copious amounts of yoghurt on request and even offered to replace the meal which was kind.

However, I just think that the Microwaved starter and the "whatever it was" main course severely let this restaurant down.

I have to recommend Kudos 25 metres down the road instead I am afraid if you want a nicer curry. You can see my review of Kudos as well.

• Visited October 2012