The Tamworth Arms
Holiday Inn Express Tamworth(Tamworth)(Great Value!)
$82
$67
Agoda.com
The Gungate(Tamworth)
$81
Travelodge Tamworth Central(Tamworth)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
$91
PremierInn.com
$77
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubfull english breakfastone nightstayed herenice place to staydrayton manorgood sized portionscar parksecure parkingtea and coffee facilitiestown centreselection of cerealsbreakfast was deliciousshower roomboth morningson arrivaltoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We paid £50 for two people for B&B. The rooms were extremely clean and well prepared and the design was modern without going over the top. This is basically a pub with rooms either in the main building or in a courtyard. The breakfast was more than ample and was delivered hot! A good budget accommodation.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a front room during the weekend as the pub is open until 12.00 and it's noisy. Also the car parking is difficult to get to - ring for instructions first.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had booked this room for 2 nights to attend a wedding at Tamworth Castle. Both the Castle and the town centre are about a 5 minute walk,so perfect location. We didn't pay much for the rooms,about the going rate for the area,so didn't expect too much but we were very happy with what we got.
The landlord/lady were very friendly and welcoming. The bar and restaurant both seemed clean and well looked after.
The room was pretty basic,but quite large with nice decor and a good sized bathroom with shower in a roomy bathroom. Quality towels and bedding and a comfy mattress made for a great nights sleep.
Breakfast was well cooked and tasty with good selection of cereals etc and plenty of seating available.
The bar does become lively in the evenings and after a good crawl around the towns many bars and pubs,we found the Arms to have the best atmosphere so many of us wedding guests stayed here and closed the place (on time,so don't worry about being kept up late by noisy drinkers)
We got to see some of the rooms at hotels that other guests were staying in and paying more for. They all seemed tired,dull and somewhat seedy. We just smiled and pretended to be impressed knowing we had obviously made a better choice of were to stay.
HIGHLY recommend this little gem and hope this kind of review doesn't cause a price increase!

Room Tip: Saw 2 different rooms and both were equally nice. No views to mention due to location inside town area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Arrived 4.00pm for overnight stay before Nat Mem Arboretum visit. Room 6 - twin room at front. Made to feel welcome on arrival. Room clean and big enough, big TV on wall, tiny en-suite, some noise from road outside, bed comfy enough. Dinner in restaurant a highlight - very good food at very reasonable prices. Draught beer good too. Breakfast cheerful and proper full-English! Wifi okay in bar area, hit & miss in bedrooms. Great value, and somewhere I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We staid in a family room on our visit to Drayton Manor. All the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was lovely,clean and more than perfect for a family stay. Food was great and we would recommend the Tamorth Arms for anyone to stay for a stopover to Drayton Manor theme park!
Thanks for a brilliant stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jo B
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed for 2 days while in the area to play golf , Had a single room which was very small but clean , everything fine until you enter the bathroom , very tiny in fact it was a struggle to get in the shower and once in could not move plus bad water pressure and cold water only !! the worst thing was the SMELL disgusting smelt like a sewer hence the fresh air spray on the shelf ???. I think that the bathroom facilities let the place down big time. Had a Whale cod meal on the first evening and its true to say that the Cod was in the shape of a whale , however it was just a lump of batter shaped like a whale as it was difficult to find any fish ??? Breakfast was good except the service , I was stopping with around 12 others so went I went down to breakfast a little later than the others I was told sorry your booking has already had 12 cooked breakfasts , sorry I said , not my problem if you cannot count so please could I have my breakfast , while others around me thought it was quite funny the member of staff had a look to kill on her face . The other problem was on the 2nd evening they ran out of the real ale that was on offer Doom Bar , one of the staff stated to the other 2 girls working that there was another keg in the cellar however they didn't know how to tap it and the Landlord was not around , Quick as a flash I offered my services as I am experienced in this field but my offer was declined so the troops went thirsty and took an early night .
If back in that area again , I think I will stop somewhere different

Room Tip: Dont expect too much for your money
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends