Stopped here for 2 nights to break journey to Devon and for kids to enjoy Thomasland.
Pros-great location for theme park, about 3 miles from Drayton Manor
- friendly staff, welcoming
- very clean
- looked newly decorated
- restaurant (table table) with outdoor seating for hot summer night
- new green energy Premier Inn
Con?-though my other half really liked the minimalistic energy saving lighting I found it harsh, ineffective & difficult to get used to - a matter of preference, don't let it put you off too much!
- more storage would be useful for longer stays
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier Inn Tamworth South. The UK's fist greenest hotel bringing together the best environmental initiatives to help us towards a greener future. With our 20 ensuite bedrooms, flat screen free view TVs, adjoining restaurant (The Centurion Table Table), Air-cooling and 24hr reception.We are one of a very select few that is a Green Hotel. Here is why we are Green.1)We heat and cool the hotel using the earth's natural energy using a special underground pump. Four heat probes, 130 metres below our hotel, take advantage of the earths natural energy to dump heat in the summer and cold in the winter.2) Re-using water. All toilet flushes use grey (recycled) water - water re-used from showers and baths plus 50% of rainwater from the roof. This provides 100% off all toilet water and will save 20% of the entire water usage.3) Sustainable wool from British sheep is used in the walls creating exceptionally efficient thermal and acoustic insulation. Heat loss of the hotel is reduced by 60%4) Solar power. Solar panels have been used on the hotel's south facing roof. They can produce hot water to the system with almost no energy used. The system is expected to generate 11.740kWhr per year - enough for 1000 baths a year!5) All lighting is low energy thanks to LED's that produce high light levels while only using 5 Watts per bulb, this coupled with motion detectors means the lights are not left on. An 80% saving against standard lighting methods.6) All materials used are locally and sustainable sources. Timber is used rather than concrete where possible and when concrete is used it is a low cement that has been locally sourced. Our use of carbon has been reduced by using natural resources, sustainable materials, such as external timber cladding, and recycled materials, such as plasterboard and rendering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Tamworth South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.