“After Show Meal”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Visited Champagne for the frst time with friends and family for an after show meal following a visit to Tamworth Assembly rooms to see the Bootleg Shadows.
The restaurant is spacious and well lit, clean and comfortable. The service was excellent and prompt. Meals were served all together, no waiting and the food was good and very competitively priced. Drinks were also priced in line with local pubs so, No Rip Off there.
If I had to critisize anything,it would be that the meals were served already spread out on the plate and not in seperate serving dishes. This meant that the food got cold quickly, could not be added on top of rice and we could not sample each others dishes for comparisons.
However, all in all, a very good choice and highly recommended.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had a really good meal here.

Quiet Tuesday night but meal made up for that. Friendly & helpfull staff. Starters and main meal were very tasty and good sizes. Nan breads were pretty small though.

Will try again though when in area.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I recently had dinner in this restaurant with some friends of mine (Saturday 3rd Nov 2012). The atmosphere, ambience and food / drink were all good. However the day after when I looked at the bill, (yes I ask for a copy of the itemised receipt for this very reason), I noticed they had added an extra round of drinks that we never had. By this time of course the moment has passed and there is nothing you can really do about it as it would be a matter of their word against mine.

I think because they could see we were making it merry and getting slightly tipsy they took advantage and sneakily added an extra round of drinks in hope we wouldn’t notice amidst the joviality of the situation. It worked as I only discovered it 24 hours later. It was my own fault and I should have thought to have checked it at the time.

Therefore if you decide to go here, yes I would recommend it as the food and atmosphere was brilliant, however do beware, check the bill at the end for any extra items you know you didn’t have. I would have given it 5 stars had it not been for this.

Thanks

2  Thank milesfb
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We came here for a pre-cinema meal. The service was very good and food very tasty. I had a vegetable samosa followed by Veg Balti (which was huge). Other diner had Nargees Kebab and a curry.
There is a wait for the food as it's freshly prepared and you're offered poppadoms at the start. First time I've been here and I would go back.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Me and my family visited this restaurant on Saturday night. I booked a table for four people, as we arrived in the restaurant we had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated, drinks took 20 minutes to arrive, the waiters didn't look bothered about us, we asked to take our order. I was very impatient at the point and not happy at all. The food took over 1 hour to come and didn't taste like any other curry I have tried before it was awful. I will never go back there again after that experience because there many other restaurants in tamworth to go we're I,l be treated better.