Plough & Harrow
Holiday Inn Express Tamworth(Tamworth)(Great Value!)
$82
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Gungate(Tamworth)
$81
Travelodge Tamworth Central(Tamworth)(Great Value!)
$45
$77
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We called in en route to see a customer in Fazeley. My wife had salmon and mash. I had fish and chips. Both were delightful. My wife reckons it was the best salmon she had ever eaten out. My fish and hand cut chips with skins on them were a real star winner in the highly competitive pub eatery market. Service was prompt, ambience was good, music was low, staff were exemplary. We liked it a lot and would not hesitate to return. I can see that the establishment has received some low reviews. Our experience awards a very easy top mark. Couldn't fault it.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as we booked a meal in there cocktail & tapas bar (passion) the meal was superb 5 star food and service fresh mussels and halibut to die for. The hotel is basic but clean and comfortable staff were second to none will definitely be staying here again and eating in there fabulous cocktail bar.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Me and my wife decided to stay here whilst traveling to my wife’s family up North.

We had such a good time it was fantastic. On arrival we were kindly greeted by a member of staff, who explain procedures and showed us to our room. Our room was spacious and had all the facilities required. After checking in we decided to eat in the Main Bar.

The Main Bar sets a new trend with its nice décor and stylish seating area.
The food was also fantastic! I decided to try Rump Steak which looked and tasted amazing and was served with all the trimming you required. My wife chose the Halibut steak which she said was also excellent and cooked to perfection. The staff were very welcoming and provided us with excellent table service.

Overall an excellent place with friendly staff.

I would highly recommend to anyone…. as this place is a little gem!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We ended up here after another hotel had overbooked us so we desperate to begin with. I was travelling with a female friend, and my dear husband still back in Scotland had booked this through booking.com to try and get us out of our stranded predicament.
HOWEVER! It really is one of the most rubbish places I have ever been to. Check in was a nightmare as they insisted we had to pay again depsite the roomhaving been pre-authorised through booking.com with a credit card. My husband phoned booking.com who confirmed we had paid and all the silly hotel had to do was accept the charge, however the staff at the bar didinet seem to understand this and demanded paying again. so we did. grrrr!
Once we got to the room, it was very small with hospital-prison style beds, and very bare furnishings and poor standard o f decorative order - however we were so relieved to have a room that we weren't being too fussy.
Had a meal in the restaurant - 8.20pm ordered 1 fish and chips and one courgette fritter & salad. There were no other customers eating and only about 7 people drinking - it took over 40 minutes to arrive!!!!!!!!!! Food was of a bad standard, very very greasy the fat tasted old and a bit rancid.
We settled to get an early night as we wee visiting the NEC on business the next day. Thats when the fun began as we realised we were SO HOT due to the central gas heating was on at full bore all night - there was no way to adjust it and the timer was set to 24hours !!! The staff said it could not be turned down. the room was absolutely suffocating. Lots of drunken idiots outside the room in the courtyard louting about and making a lot of noise - even for a sunday night It was very loud. Coupled with the fact that the beds are like prison beds - metal headboards, metal springs at the top surface of the very thin mattress. very wobbly bed it screeched loudly every time you moved so as it was so also uncomfortable i moved the mattress onto the floor, a slight improvement but didn't sleep really all night. probably the worst nights sleep I have ever had in my life, and that includes being in hospital and travelling through asia!!!!
The shower head and fixing completely fell off the showerwall during showering. Hopefully we won't get blamed for that. AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank stuartscotland
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stay away from this place at all costs. Firstly its tiny, which I could deal with but we had drunken idiots stamping around, trying to get into our room most of the night. Worst of all at 12.30 the hotel manager let himself in to our room which was the final straw and we had to leave and find somewhere else at 1 in the morning. Our poor little girl was so scared.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family