“Hidden gem”

Restaurant at Moddershall Oaks
Ranked #10 of 57 Restaurants in Stone
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Moddershall Oaks' award-winning restaurant in Staffordshire is in the heart of the countryside with the most beautiful lakeside view. Combine the freshest organic ingredients with the creativity and enthusiasm of top chefs and you have menus to genuinely excite the taste buds.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had a table booked by my family and boyfriend as a surprise birthday treat... and what a treat it was.
Service was flawless. Staff were friendly, professional and attentive. The Food and wine selection and quality was excellent.
We eat out a lot in the stone area and consider a lot of the restaurants and gastro pubs to be over priced and the service lacking. All 6 of our party agreed that moddershall oaks is by far the best value for money in the area. We are looking forward to returning soon!

1 Thank Boomerjames

uk
“The Evening Was Let Down by Small Things !”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was our Christmas Staff outing and at £42.50 " I had Great Expectations " !!! On arrival greeted by pleasent Front of House staff and cheerie Bar staff .....Drinks surprised me 1 x Bacardi and Coke and a Double G & T was just over £11 : ) Room nicely laid out and Band warming up ( THEY SOULD HAVE SOUND CHECKED MORE !! ) Explanations to follow ......Pate to start ....quite a big portion but just 1 piddleing piece of Bread : ( I asked for more which they did bring me only after I was told " ITS ONLY 1 PIECE PER CUSTOMER " and a Look from a member of The Kitchen Staff that made me feel like Oliver ! asking for more ! Then the main course Slow cooked Beef in Ale on Potatoes and served with Veg ....Meat was GREAT but it sat on the potatoes HIDEING them with a small amount of VEG ! It needed more guys !!! Then my Desert for which I ordered Cheese & Biscuits for that I was not holding out much hope BUT I was pleasently surprised a nice choice and enough : ) So over all it was OK but check things like Bread and Veg it let the night down for me ......Now for the Entertainment I had to speak to the Band at there Break due to the LOUDNESS of the drums : ( The Girl singer fronting the band and the Male Guitar player had Fab voices which you could hear in the 2nd half of the Evening : ) were drownd out in the 1st half which was a shame as they were really good .........so it was not a Total Disaster of a Xmas Do ! :)

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Andrew B
London
“Very mixed experience”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This has the potential to be a great restaurant, but is let down by inconsistent service and lack of attention to detail. The menu is great, as is the quality of the food. However, as an overall experience our visit for dinner on Saturday evening was quite mixed. At this level, there should be no mistakes! We arrived at 7pm, for a 7.30pm reservation, as we wanted to have cocktails first - big mistake! We were seated, given a drinks menu, then ignored for 25 minutes! Basically, the staff manning the bar were also covering the busy restaurant, so there were long periods of time where the bar was left with no service whatsoever, this is unacceptable! Finally we managed to order some drinks, 3 of us had mojitos which were amongst the worst I have experienced. No fresh mint, served on cubes of ice instead of crushed ice, wrong shaped glass, and made with Bacardi instead of Cachaca. Guys, why have cocktails on your list if you cannot make them properly? No sooner had we got our drinks, at 7.35, ie: 35 minutes after we arrived, we were asked to take our seats in the restaurant - err... no, sorry we have only just received our aperitifs!!
Once seated in the restaurant, we had a very nice spacious table and the food was very, very good. same with the wine list - excellent. However, service from the kitchen was slow, very long wait for our starters and mains. The one dessert we ordered arrived AFTER our coffees...
Staff were very friendly and engaging, but seemed very rushed. I would have given this place a 4/5 based on the food, but there is so much more to running a restaurant of this calibre than employing a talented chef! To the management: Please sort out the bar service situation and employ an experienced maitre d' so that the overall experience is commensurate with the lovely food. GRIFF

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank GriffLondon
england
“nice ice cream”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

the panna cota ice cream was lush! They stop serving lunch after 2pm I think so if you want lunch head before then. They have a cocktail list and the service was good.

Visited November 2012
Stafford
“Perfect restaurant for a special occasion”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had a lovely evening, the service was outstanding especially Adam & Gemma, nothing was too much trouble, they worked exceptionally well together. The food was excellent, although the quantity was not enough for my husband, he was comfortably full at the end.
I would highly recommend for a special occasion, the ambiance on the place is lovely, set in idillic surroundings.

• Visited November 2012