“Fantastic...”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I tried The Olives for the first time last weekend and couldn’t believe that I’d missed this gem until now. The food was lovely, I had the fillet steak with peppercorn sauce and my friend had the pork and they were so lovely and tender. The service was friendly and informal and the décor was lovely. I’ll definitely return.

OlivesGM, General Manager at The Olives Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your review; great choice with the dishes - to die for! Mamma mia!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

been to the olives 4 times now,cannot fault it fantastic food great service friendly staff and reasonably priced ,would definatly recomend to anybody

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We enjoyed our last visit to The Olives so much that we were really looking forward to returning.
We had booked a table and when we arrived were taken straight to it, without sitting in the bar first. That would make you think our order would be taken very quickly - but not so. We waited and waited. Long enough for me to notice that you can see black marks over the radiators, time for re decoration and a good spring clean! Yes it was busy, but there were still a few free tables so they weren't packed out but obviously couldn't cope!
In the end the owner (I presume) had to take our order.
Last time I didn't have the soup but a couple of our party did and raved about it, so I was really looking forward to trying it. So I ordered that. When it arrived, it was different from the usual soup you'd get when eating out, but I wasn't blown away.
Throughout our visit the staff didn't seem to communicate with each other or work as a team - I saw the owner having to gesture to them a couple of times and different staff repeatedly asked if we had seen the desert/coffee menu. We felt like we were on a production line and personal attention was very much lacking.
However, we had to wait ages for the bill and when it arrived it was wrong!
All in all, because of the food I would go back again, but not until trying some other places and I would avoid Fridays as they don't seem able to cope.

OlivesGM, General Manager at The Olives Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you so much for making time to post your review.

As an independent, family run business we take customer satisfaction very seriously and are sorry that you felt your evening didn’t reflect The Olives which you know and love. Please telephone us for an exclusive discount on 01785 813334.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have eaten in some fantastic authentic Italian restaurants and I can certainly say this is not one of them. The service was poor from start to finish. Good Italian restaurants are well known for their top quality service. The food was very average and my portion was very small. Definitely will not be returning. I feel sorry for the residents of Stone if this is their no1 rated destination. Are the rest just chippys?!

Thank you for your review, we are sorry that you were not pleased with your evening. If you’d like to telephone us to elaborate further we will be happy to discuss this with you. At The Olives, we pride ourselves on both our food and service and would love to discuss this with you. 01785 813334.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Really shocked at people's bad experiences at The Olives - it sounds like they're describing a different place to the one we went. The Olives is perfect: Fantastic food, polite and helpful staff, relaxed atmosphere, great place! The guy who I guess is the owner was friendly, without being too over the top. He let us enjoy our night at our own pace - no rush, which was great seeing as they were busy. Without a doubt I'm going back!