“Best steaks in Stone”

The Stone Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Modern traditional pub, families welcome, cask ales, fine wines, cocktails, selection of coffees, local delicacies, all food homemade - hand battered fish & chicken nuggets, homemade ice cream, Sunday roasts, live music, DJ entertainment, SkyTV indoor & outside, parking available.
stoke
“Best steaks in Stone”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have visited a few times now and the foodnever disappoints. Had the porterhouse steak which was huge! portion sizes are really good value for money. Staff are really down to earth and take the time to chat with you. Still my favourite restaurant in Stone.

Stone, United Kingdom
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had the eggs benedict - divine. The wine list has improved considerably yet the prices haven't gone up. Pleasantly suprised.

Visited October 2012
Stone, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was a little dubious about our visit because there have been a few bad reviews recently. I was pleasantly suprised and didn't encounter any of the problems experienced by other people.
The staff were attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. Our waiter even told us the exact temperature of the hot rock - 452 dgrees!
The food was outstanding, the service was reasonable given that all our meals were prepared from fresh and it gave us chance to chat.
Definately worth a try! I will be going back.

staffordshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to be excellent but portion sizes have shrunk considerably!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We used to highly rate the stone steakhouse until we visited recently. The menu appeared to be the same at first glance but then you realise that your steak no longer comes with onion rings or a sauce included in the price like it used to do. Ordering these as a side option makes your meal very expensive. When your plate arrives it seems rather empty with only your steak, a few mushrooms, half a tomato and a small bowl of chips. Didn't think I needed to order more chips as a side order!!!
We asked for the bill and after at least a 20 minute wait we ended up walking to the bar to pay as our parking time was up and we didn't want to risk a fine. It was a busy night but other people asked for the bill after us and got theirs with no wait.
Yes they know how to cook a good steak but don't think we will be going again as it is not good value.

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Going downhill fast!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have attended this restaurant twice in recent weeks and frankly can't believe how far the standards have dropped lately. On 2/10/2012 I visited as part of the Food and Drink Festival 'Musical Meander' and was served the dessert course. Of our party of six four ordered the chocolate brownie, all were 'well done', two to the point of being inedible.
At the time I put this down to the number of guests being catered for at one time but when I attended again on 20/10/2012 I had another poor experience. Upon entering the premises we were greeted by a drunken male swearing at a drunken counterpart across the other side of the bar. None of the staff saw fit to speak to the man although mine and my wife's shock must have been apparent.
Having taken our seats in the restaurant, the service was very slow with our food taking over an hour to arrive with no apology or explanation. When the food did arrive only three of the four meals were served with the final meal being served about five minutes afterwards. The food was OK, but not to the standard I have enjoyed at this establishment in the past.
There seemed to be a lot of staff in the premises but it appeared too few were concentrating on the restaurant.
I appreciate that the establishment operates as a music bar / club later in the evening and have not found this to be intrusive on past visits. However on this occasion it felt as though the restaurant clientèle were being rushed out at about 10pm when the music was turned right up with a steady stream of people (not staff) peering around into the dining area.
Having eventually managed to get the attention of a member of staff to pay our bill our party left the premises via the rear entrance which was an experience in itself. The drunkenness and foul language that we had to negotiate was wholly unacceptable, the member of door staff seemed unperturbed by it and certainly took no action.
I fear for this business, if it survives financially it may struggle with the licencing authorities.