“Langtrys a great place to stay”
Review of Langtrys

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stone
Ranked #5 of 5 Stone B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I was nearly put off by previous reviews, but this is the second time now i have stopped at Langtrys i do not find a problem with either the accomodation or the owners who i have found to be very welcoming and will go out of there way to make your stay a pleasant one
i have no problem with staying at Langtrys and will definatly be staying in future 10/10.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank benx10
There are newer reviews for Langtrys

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I wish the previous poor review had been posted prior to my booking as I would definitely bot have stayed. My partner and I stayed at Langtrys for 1 night on 15th October as we were attending a friends wedding nearby. When telephoning to book the room we were informed that we were unable to check in until after 4.30pm. Upon arrival we were asked for payment, and shown to our room which was basic but adequate for our needs (although very cold with no towels provided) at £40 room only, breakfast was not an option.

We returned back to Langtrys at 11.30pm to find a disco belting out music in the main bar we were going to nip in for a quick drink but it was very empty so we just went upstairs to our room. We watched TV for a while (with the volume turned up high enough to drown out the music below), fortunately the disco stopped at midnight and we settled down to sleep......

We were woken at 3.15am by very loud music, it took a few seconds to gain our bearings and realise it was coming from downstairs. I quickly got dressed and walked down the dark stairs into the bar which appeared empty, however when i walked around the corner there were 3 people (1 older lady wearing a langtrys t-shirt and 2 other men) playing pool and obviously enjoying a 'lock in'!! I tried to shout across the bar to them but the music was so loud that they had no idea i was stood there so I had to go through the next door and tap on the womans shoulder who seems quite annoyed that i had come down to ask for the music to be turned off but did as I requested, infact one of the men with her was quite menacing as I was walked back to the room heard him say "you should have said no!"

As I closed the door to our room the music did indeed start blasting out again but stopped shortly afterwards, however we did later hear the slamming of doors as they obviously locked up and went home.

I would definitely not recommend the Langtry to anyone wishing to get a good nights sleep, as it appears to be nothing more than a doss house!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank sara1402
Langtrys Stone L, Manager at Langtrys, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hi Sara.
Just to let you know, we have been under new Management since August 2012. We have changed lots of things in the pub! The biggest change is the accommodation, we have refurbished all of the rooms to a very high standard.
If you happen to be in Stone again, be sure to check us out!

Yours,

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Do not be fooled by the comments for this place, it is now under new management [from August 2011,I believe].
The price per night is £40 per room with no breakfast, which I admit is not a great sum of money as long as you do not expect any luxuries like the bed being made or the room cleaned!
We stayed there for 6 nights from October 5th – 11th 2011, in that time the room was not done once, we had to ask for everything, towels, toilet rolls, bin liners.....
It is worth noting that you have to vacate the room by 10.30 on the day of departure but you cannot move into a Room before 16.00 hours on the day you arrive.
The first room we got on the 5th October was Room 1, within minutes of being in it, I was going to go downstairs to ask for towels, unfortunately the door handle came off in my hand....moved to Room 2.
In Room 2 the radiator did not work so we asked for some form of heating as it was chilly in the room, to be fair we were given a radiator for our time there.
I cannot tell you the name of the new owner as she hardly spoke to us in the six days there, except to ask for the bill of £240 to be paid in advance, there was no welcome, how are you, or any other form of discussion with her, I definitely got the impression she did not want to talk. I would say she has never run this type of place before, if she has then shame on her!
On the day before we left someone was cleaning out Rooms 1 and 3 as people had been in the night before, all the bedding from these rooms was put out on the landing which we did not think too much about as we were going out to eat somewhere in Stone. When we returned later in the evening I stumbled over something on the landing, luckily l did not hurt myself, when we got the light on [it seems there are 3 light sensors for the landing but where we enter from they do not work, it is only when you get to the far end that they come on. We could not believe that the bedding from earlier on that day had just been left on the landing outside each door, to add insult to injury, when we entered our room someone had removed our now overflowing bin onto the landing and switched off the radiator [I cannot for sure say all this was done by the new owner, but....]
I cannot give this place more than 1 star, I have to say though, the bar staff were friendly and helpful but they did not seem to know what exactly was going on, for which I do not blame them in any way.
One of the stars is because there is a Wetherspoon Pub not too far away so you can get a breakfast in the morning.
There are other things I could put on this review but suffice to say we will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank David R

Hi David,
Just to let you know, Langtrys has been under new management since August 2012, and is better than ever! We have refurbished all the rooms, as well as a whole new staff team who are friendly and helpful.
If you are ever in the area, come and see the difference!

Thanks,

Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed on a Sunday night, because we were attending a family party in the town. I'm still expecting to be told I have to pay more money because it's such good value it seems too good to be true. The room was excellent and the food in the bar was first class - and again superb value for money.
I would have loved the option to have a cooked breakfast but the real coffee and ability to come and go without hassle was a real plus.
I have just one tiny criticism - it would be useful to have a mirror in the bedroom.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JulieK29
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We stayed at Langtry’s in Stone, Staffordshire on Saturday 11th December for one night. The Inn has a large car park at the rear and the building has a lot of character. We checked in around 5.30pm and were taken up to our room (Number 1). A nice sized and presented room with TV, wardrobe and dresser, a king size bed with a single. Room was a little cold on entry, but it soon warmed up!! The bathroom had a full sized bath and electric shower, with soap & shampoo dispensers for those that forget there own. Very clean and tidy all round and the bed was nice and comfortably. To say the pub was a lively place, we had a quiet nights sleep (which is great when its a night away from the kids) so no complaints at all. For breakfast it was cereal and orange juice, followed by a full cooked English breakfast with toast and coffee/tea. Service was A1, and the food cooked to perfection. If you are visiting the area and are looking for somewhere nice to stay that’s great value (£45 per room inc breakfast), I`d definitely recommend Langtry’s.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank truemanoid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone
Stone House Hotel
#3 of 5 in Stone
Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham
Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel

Been to Langtrys? Share your experiences!