“Fab!”

Ranked #25 of 64 Restaurants in Stone
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Lovely food, great price, lovely canal side setting would defo return again :) Mondays offer 2 for 1 on all grills great value for money.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We come here on a sunny evening just to enjoy the canal side setting. Even inside is cosy with extremely friendly helpful staff , however the food is very basic pub fayre so I can only recommend the ambience and beer! Very friendly to families too...

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This pub offers such promise, sited next to a lock on the Trent & Mersey Canal in the picturesque market town of Stone.
It has absolutely everything going go it, good selection of ales, a smiling staff and an air of ambiance to die for.
Unfortunately my choice of food from there extensive menu (we saw a duplicate of this in another pub some days earlier) really let it down.
Being something of an enthusiast for beef & ale pie, I ordered same. I wish I hadn't. I really should have been suspicious as it was do cheap. It arrived and to view, it looked most attractive; a firm short crust pastry and tasty vegetables. Sadly, when I cut into it the spell was broken. The filling had the texture and consistency of slurry. It was like eating an unpleasant gravy. No meat was detected, if it was there it had been liquidised. It did remind me of 'recovered' meat so beloved by the fast food trade and extensively used in chicken and burger products.
Requests for more information from the staff went unheeded.
What a shame! I would visit this and other Marston pubs again but I would avoid this and any product which concealed its meat content again.
I guess that a fall in quality is what we pay for when eating food stuffs sold to a price.
Hello to Nadia! She did her best but was not given the answers by whoever was in 'the back office'.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Arrived and was greeted by a very polite young lady in their nice "snug" canal bar. Drinks were reasonable and good. Even when I drank some and asked for some lime cordial in it the bar maid obliged. The top fell off in to my pint and the girl kindly poured me an entire full new pint. Good service!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

it was lovely , atmosphere so calm , relaxed , staff friendly and picturesque, meals fab and excellent priced , ideal family venue