“A fabulous new year's eve spa break!!”
Review of Moddershall Oaks

Moddershall Oaks
Ranked #1 of 5 Stone B&B and Inns
“A fabulous new year's eve spa break!!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I booked the new year's eve overnight spa stay package and also attended the evening banquet and.....we were not disappointed in the slightest!! From the moment I booked in October, I couldn't fault the service. Everyone we dealt with was helpful, friendly and welcoming. Due the limited no. of rooms and guest numbers, it really does help to create such a tranquil, relaxing and escaping experience. The 55 minute full body massage treatments were also fantastic. The banquet itself was also lovely..great food, music and atmosphere. I would thoroughly recommend this spa and can't wait to visit again (especially to see the additional facilities that are being added to this already great place!). Well done and thank you for a lovely spa break!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Penny H, Director at Moddershall Oaks, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for leaving a review of your NYE spa break that you enjoyed with your sister. It sounds like you had a relaxing time, and it is great to hear what you thought of the new year event too. It would be fantastic to see you again, the spa facilities should be completed within the next couple of months, and there will be lots of great changes - it would be fab to hear what you think. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback, hopefully we will see you again in the future. Kindest regards, Penny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Both myself and my wife stayed here as a get away from it all retreat for 1 night, and this was just not long enough!

Lovely rooms that are 5* and food that is delicious with attentive and very happy to help staff, what more can I say other than I want to move this hotel closer to my home in Glasgow so we can visit more often!

The restaurant staff were excellent in particular Ivan who was very helpful, the food which is locally sourced and cooked fresh for your choice was delicious and the restaurant thoroughly deserves the attained title of the best restaurant in Staffordshire.

The whole hotel location and minimal number of rooms (just 10) adds to the retreat aspect and is in a rural location far away from the noise of roads and towns...what more could you want, great service, great treatments, great facilities and wonderful food.

I will return!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Modd-Manager, Manager at Moddershall Oaks, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Keith,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about yours and your wife’s spa break. It is so nice to receive such fantastic feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit, particularly your restaurant experience. I will make sure your feedback is passed on to all of the staff involved in your break, including Ivan.

We hope to see you again in the future & as Glasgow is so far away you might just have to stay a little longer.

We really do appreciate your kind comments, please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you need anything at all. My contact number is 01782 399000 extension 239 & my email address is Lucy@moddershalloaks.com.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I Stayed at Moddershall Oaks this weekend with my Husband as a birthday treat!
It defiantly was a treat and can guarantee that we will be visiting again soon.
We checked in at 3 and we were shown to our room by very friendly member of staff, the relaxation started almost immediately. The rooms are truly 5* they're clean and full of luxury treats, with everything you should need for a relaxing break.
The spa facilities are great, the spa pool and jets are so lovely!
I had a exotic body scrub, which was expertly done and made my skin feel wonderful, thanks Rebecca. My husband had a deep tissue massage and said he felt like he had floated out of the treatment room.
We finished our spa day in the outdoor hot tub located outside our room, great way to finish a relaxing day with a glass of bubbly under the stars!
The restaurant is truly fabulous, the best spa restaurant Ive ever been to by far. Service was wonderful and the food was truly scrummy!
We had wonderful spa break, from great service (with a smile), fab food and great facilities.
We will be visiting again....hopefully very soon.
Thanks to all at Moddershall for a fabulously relaxing break!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Samantha,

Thank you so much for such a kind review. I am very happy to hear that you had a lovely stay & found the bedroom, treatment & restaurant enjoyable. Please also thank your husband, it is great to hear that he left the treatment room feeling so relaxed.

All of our staff will be thrilled to hear your feedback, I will make sure I pass on your comments to all involved. Hopefully we will see you again soon for another glass of bubbly under the stars, sounds fabulous.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review, if you need anything at all please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. My contact number is 01782 399000 extension 239 & my email address is Lucy@moddershalloaks.com.

Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed on a luxury spa break between Christmas and new year and had a lovely time. The massages were excellent, the hotel was clean and very well decorated and furnished and very relaxing. I don't eat dairy products but the restaurant staff made sure I always had plenty to eat and pretty much made my meals from scratch. couldn't fault the hotel or the ambiance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa B
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your review. I am extremely pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, particularly your treatments and your restaurant experience.

We really appreciate you spending the time to write the review & we will make sure that your feedback is passed on to the staff.

We hope to see you again the near future,

Best wishes,

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was surprised by my OH with a weekend away at Moddershall Oaks in November 2012. We arrived at about 3pm on the friday and stayed until late on Sunday - a blissful long weekend of pampering and relaxing!

We stayed in the Master suite with the four poster and had the jacuzzi bath in the bathroom. It was so comfortable and relaxing. The hot tub was outside our room so we were able to hop in easily, it was lovely sipping Champagne in the cool Autumnal weather whilst relaxing in the tub!

The spa itself was amazing, the heated loungers were lovely to relax and snooze on, the spa pool with jets was great - my skin felt lovely afterwards. The experience shower was fun, not relaxing but quite a giggle as it changed from one setting to another and the smells were quite strange - more Febreze than Amazon rain shower! We spent time in the chillout room too which was very relaxing and a nice change from the spa if you wanted to relax without water!

We had 4 treatments between us, I had an Elemis facial and massage, my OH had a chocolate facial and a deep tissue massage - we both agreed they were very good and our skin felt great afterwards. They use Elemis products and you get full use of them in the spa too.

The package my OH bought included breakfast, lunch and dinner for the 2 nights - the food was amazing. We had the 5 (or 7?) course dinner menu on both nights and each course was wonderful - there was nothing we could fault. The service was perfect too - you felt well looked after and the staff were very friendly.

The four poster bed was so comfortable, lovely to snuggle down in after a long day of pampering - it's definitely worth trying to get this room!

The setting was in the middle of the countryside in Staffordshire and very picturesque, wonderful views over rolling countryside from our suite and the restaurant. Due to the location I didn't have a mobile phone signal so couldn't check emails or be distracted by anything - I felt very relaxed!

When we arrived home to pick up the kids from my friend - she commented on how relaxed I looked - I must have looked super stressed before then!

We're planning on visiting again soon, it's a shame it's not closer to home as I'd become a member. A perfect spa weekend, thank you Moddershall Oaks for making it a memorable one!

Room Tip: Master Suite - perfect, outdoor hot tub is right outside the room!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle K
Dear Danielle,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind & detailed review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all of the above elements of your stay & returned home relaxed.

How fantastic to hear that you took full advantage of all that we have to offer - sipping champagne in the hot tub sounds like bliss.

We hope that all of our customers return from Moddershall Oaks feeling this way & I will be sure to pass on your feedback to all of our staff.

Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to enquire about another spa package, we would love to see you again in the future. My contact number is 01782 399000 extension 239 & my email address is lucy@moddershalloaks.com.

Thank you again for your comments.

Tean, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Six of us (three couples) enjoyed a fantastic New Years Eve at Moddershall Oaks.

Champagne, a superb five course meal and good wine at a reasonable price made it an evening to remember. Mix this with great live music and they had the recipe for success.

The new year was celebrated with a very good firework display.

We'll be back new year 2014!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bcfc1950
Thank you very much for your review. I am thrilled to hear that you all enjoyed our New Year’s Eve event and are thinking of returning again this year.

I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the staff involved in the event, they will be over the moon to read your comments.

We very much hope to see you again soon. Many thanks again for taking the time leave your feedback.

All the best for 2014,

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting moddershall oaks twice yearly since 2008. We have always recommended it to family and friends too. However after this last visit we will not be going back and we will not be recommending it. Having booked an overnight stay previously in June 2013 I had a complimentary file and polish on both hands and feet. The lady who did this was uninviting and didn't speak unless giving a one word answer to something I had asked, the treatment took place in their hair salon with no music or other company at all so very awkward. The nails weren't competed to a very high standard either. Having also booked a st tropez tan with the same lady I was concerned. Unfortunately my experience with the tan literally running off me and being left in a tiny room to dry off under fans for 30 minutes teamed with a white!!!! Towel was disastrous and ruined my whole day :( I was also extremely unwell on the night we stayed over after my meal. So this time we chose the wine rather than the complimentary treatments! When we arrived there was a lot of building work going on so once again no hair salon open (now completely gutted as renovating) the view out of your room is looking at diggers and a mud bath. The room was stifling and unless the doors were open there was no way to cool down other than a fan. Sky movies was not working and the DVD collection was poor. During my meal a long black hair was found cooked into my chocolate desert (which the waiter kindly refunded). Between 12 and 2am the store / staff room next to us had people running about and slamming doors so struggled to sleep and the cooked breakfast was awful and well over cooked. We are very disappointed with our visit this time and will certainly not be going back again or recommending this place going forward. Moddershall oaks needs to inform guests before they arrive that there is major building works going on and that half the facilities are not available

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RWalsh1981
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone
Stone House Hotel
Weston Hall
#1 of 11 in Stafford
Travelodge Stafford M6
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham

Been to Moddershall Oaks? Share your experiences!