A lovely little spa in Stone. Only 12 or so rooms-designed brilliantly in a Moroccan theme. Front desk service excellent and most of restaurant staff. Use of outdoor hot tub for overnight guests-original and fun. Sat in warm, bubbling waters yesterday afternoon while raining slightly! Elemis shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in bedrooms and main shower areas-gorgeous. Wi-fi in rooms now too-great. Lime salt scrub was treatment-really nice but 25 mins flew by! Not long enough. Therapist very friendly and candle lit walk to treatment room wonderful. 9am time too early!!
The spa is ten years old now and some of it needs some attention. Chairs in relaxation room a little jaded.........magazine selection could be improved-"good housekeeping" not everybody's cup of tea!! They now do a hot breakfast, which is a huge improvement, but wasn't taken with veggie option of grilled halloumi......especially since it smelt like it had been cooked beside the bacon.......
Swimming pool area needs to be cleaned regularly-each hour? Not one person doing this all the time we were there.....at one point I went up to reception to request it was done. Shouldn't have to ask! Lots of grime and hair gathers naturally in course of day.....in changing areas too......essential to keep on top of this.
Small swimming pool-small spa area-please don't take in more guests than u can accommodate-not enough loungers for all in this area.
Restaurant-top class food. Delicious. Menu for evening same as lunch menu next day......need lighter choices and a variety please. Great smoothie menu, but had ran out of ingredients to make any when we were there. Ordered a cake on menu-told they no longer offer it.......so update menu!! Come on........we ordered choc fudge cake and got melt in the middle choc pud......not the same thing! Lovely, but not what we ordered. One waitress very rude!! When asked if soup came with bread, she barked at us that she could only carry so much at one time!! I guess we can all have a bad day?? Italian guy wonderful - so different! She could learn a lot by watching how he interacts with customers.
Overall, very enjoyable BUT things do seem to be slipping a little..........please retain high standards throughout as I love your little place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moddershall Oaks (spa breaks).Each of our 10 luxury suites have under-floor heating, soft seating, en-suite bathrooms with Elemis products, LCD TV & full SKY HD, DVD player, iPod docking station, a private deck area & exclusive access to the outdoor hot tub. As a guest of Moddershall Oaks you are entitled to take advantage of all our facilities from when you check in at 3pm on the arrival day. Our facilities include... Spa area including swimming pool, sauna, steam room, hydrotherapy pool, heated tiled loungers,experience shower and reflexology footbaths. Lockers and changing rooms with complimentary use of Elemis products,robes & towels provided throughout your visit.For the more active, a gymnasium including Technogym Wellness System. Luxurious relaxation lounge with books and magazines... Or why not borrow our portable DVD player to watch a film? More than 70 acres of woodland and parkland to explore... Borrow wellies and an umbrella if it's raining. Woodside tennis court with complimentary use of tennis equipment. Complimentary use of bicycles and cycling equipment if you want to explore the local area. Beauty treatment suite for pampering & party exclusive use. Award-winning lakeside bar & restaurant. Moddershall Oaks are currently celebrating the launch of their fantastic new Spa facilities which opened in June 2014. The new facilities include a lovely reception and deli area for casual dining, snacks and cocktails. They have a beautiful new relaxation lounge with comfy seating areas, a cosy open fire place and floor to ceiling windows, overlooking the new outdoor space. The outdoor area includes a bespoke outdoor vitality pool, equipped with water jets and a hydro back bench and an outdoor Kelo pinewood Sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Moddershall Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moddershall Oaks Hotel Stone
- Moddershall Oaks Stone, Staffordshire