“The food was better than the service!”

Ovilash Indian Restaurant.
Ranked #24 of 58 Restaurants in Stone
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Ovilash. As part of your healthier diet we offer a variety of dishes for you to choose from. We specialise in Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine and take pride in serving only the leanest of meats and freshly selected vegetables. All dishes are freshly prepared when you place an order. We have a great variety of dishes to suit your diet and all our staff are aware of allergy issues and different diets so please don't hesitate to ask if you require any assistance. Each dish will have its own distinctive flavour and aroma which will titillate your taste buds like no other. We aim to satisfy with our service and food. We welcome your health criticism to improve our dishes. We will be looking forward to provide you with our excellent service, very soon.
Clitheroe, Lancashire
“The food was better than the service!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My Mum booked to go to the Ovilash as part of her birthday celebrations. She had been there before and had always had an excellent meal, with great food and a good atmosphere. This time, she had booked for a party of 24 as a large number of friends and family wished to join in the celebrations.

The restaurant phoned to confirm numbers on the afternoon of our booking. When we arrived, it turned out that although a large table had been prepared for our party, there were too few spaces for us all to fit around it! And also not enough room to fit extra tables/chairs at the end. As a result of this, some of our party had to sit in another section of the restaurant, which was a shame, as they missed out on being with the rest of the party and did not get to sit with my Mum, who they had come to spend the evening with!

In addition to this, the waiting staff were a tad rude and unhelpful. They were not too keen to sort out the seating issue, and did not seem too bothered about making our meal overly pleasant. They did as we asked when we requested drinks etc, but didn't appear too happy about it!

Despite these issues, the food was excellent. I tried one of the house specials that I had not had before and it was lovely, really well prepared and very tasty. Other people in the party also said that their food was top notch too.

I would definitely return here for the food, as I really enjoyed the meal itself. However, I'd think twice about going as more than a couple, as I'm not sure they can (or want to) handle it! The seating/service issues were such a shame as the food was great. I'm sure that most reading it would probably not book as part of such a large party, but this was my experience on my visit.

Visited April 2013
Ovilash36, Manager at Ovilash Indian Restaurant., responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thank you very much for your pleasant review. We aim to consistently improve our food and service so that we can keep you satisfied with each and every visit. Please visit our website to see our exciting new offers. I shall be looking forward to seeing you soon.

Ovilash (Stone)

P.s sorry about the inconvenience.

Selby, United Kingdom
“Always excellent value”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ovilash is a great choice for a reasonably priced, high quality Indian meal. Thursday and Sunday are bargain nights where they offer three courses for £10 and there's a lot of choice within the £10 offer. If you go on another evening you will find all the favourites from Indian restaurant menus across the country, but it's worth checking out some of their speciality North Indian and Bangladeshi meals which may not be familiar. They also offer takeaway with a 10% reduction on normal prices, but not delivery.

Ovilash (Stone)
“If only they could deliver to Scotland!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant while we were staying down in Stone to go to Alton Towers the following day. What a find this was! Exceptional food and service. Best indian food I've ever had. I had one of the chefs speciality curries called a Murghi Keema, it was SO GOOD!! Full of flavour and spices, I hope I can get one just like it back home! The chicken pakora and dips you get along side the poppadoms are also lovely! We had a starter, two main meals with two rice and nann and two alcohol drinks and it was about £32 all in, which is excellent!!
Very sad that this place isn't nearer home :(

midlands
“Best curry in stone”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Been a regular to this restaurant for years. The food is always to a good standard, and they will adapt dishes to suit your test buds. My a mile best curry house in stone.

Stoke-on-Trent
“Pleasant evening out”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had a meal here on Friday and the food was lovely. The house wine was very reasonable and there was a nice atmosphere. It was extremely busy but we did not have to wait too long and it was hot and tasty. The only downside was that our table was by the door and the polite wIters insisted on holding the door open for guests leaving. Consequently, we had a blast of cold air each time someone left! So ask for a table away from the door.