“Arriba!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Phat Pac's Mexican Diner - CLOSED

Phat Pac's Mexican Diner
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Arriba!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my mom and partner whilst visiting here for the first time on Friday (28th March) and we will definitely be coming back!
I am a bit of a fussy eater so I had been worried that there would not be much I could eat, but I needn't have worried!
The menu is a cross between a Mexican and American diner and I love that they also have the "man vs food" style challenges - my partner is definitely coming back to attempt one of those!

The service was fantastic and the lady took the time explaining the menu choices to us and not rushing through our questions which is usually the case at restaurants.

There would have been a wait on the starter we ordered, as it was late in the evening we decided to cancel it and go straight for the main. The lady then brought us out a complimentary starter of nachos as an apology which we thought was such a lovely gesture, I don't think many restaurants would have done that!

I had one of the specials (the chicken stack) and it was gorgeous! The Ultimate Nachos is HUGE and my partner really enjoyed his big burrito from the specials menu.
We did not get to try the puddings as we were too full up afterwards, but I have my eye on the waffle sundae for another time and we would like to try the American-style breakfasts too at some point too.

Please note that they do not serve alcohol here but I have been informed that you are allowed to take your own to drink with the meal.

The price was also fantastic, we had big portions and with 2 drinks each the total for the 3 of us was still under £30 which was a very pleasant surprise!

We really enjoyed the food, the service was brilliant and will definitely be returning here again!

1 Thank Laura G

“Yum! Don't listen to lies...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I think the people who leave vicious reviews have deliberately tried to harm the hard work that the owner has achieved. I have eaten here every week since I found this mexican treasure. The food is exactly how I order it, and never disappointed. My fussy husband even likes the food. The selection of desserts are very good.

• Visited March 2014
staffs
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

After reading some of the reviews posted in the last month i thought shall i give it a go or not well im pleased i did give it a go the food was amazing,the service second to none,i was made to feel very welcome,the young waitress was very helpful and explained all the menu choices to me.The waffle sundaes are delicious.To sum up i think some of the recent reviews might be bogus as a lot of them have only wrote one review and i find that a bit odd, im pleased i was not put off by them as it was a great night.Thanks Phat Pacs.

• Visited March 2014
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Appalling food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I ordered a take out for my partner and me which my partner collected. It came to 16 00. It was absolutely disgusting. It was semi warm. The rice was only part cooked. I enjoy Mexican food but have never tasted anything like this. The staff were miserable. I WILL NOT BE HAVING TAKE OUT FROM THERE AGAIN.....

• Visited January 2014
Tkdbeauty39, Owner at Phat Pac's Mexican Diner, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We strive to serve hot fresh food on a regular basis, we would like to know when you were in for your take away and what it was you ordered? We always ask everyone to let us know if there is any problem with any food or service as we pride ourselves on fresh quality good at an affordable price and providing great customer service, we would ask everyone who is looking at reviews to look at the overall reviews and take in consideration that within the last 2 weeks we have had many reviews that are currently on dispute as they have been fabricated and we see it as a way of harming our business, we take on board all constructive Criticism and look to correct any issues immediately. However we feel we are being targeted as it's ironic that these reviews have all of a sudden come up. We know our customers who come into to our establishment in a regular basis are very happy with the device and the quality of the food
staffs
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

When they brought the tortilla chips with a slice of melted processed cheese on top my visit to this establishment should have ended at that point. And thats where my review will end. Enough said.

• Visited January 2014
Tkdbeauty39, Owner at Phat Pac's Mexican Diner, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
We would like everyone to be aware that we don't use processed slice cheese at all in our diner and never have. Even our burgers sandwiches and omelettes all have either angel hair Monterrey jack cheese or mature grated cheddar, we have been disputing many reviews lately as we lost 2 members of staff and since then we have been getting lots of false accusations and reviews made if lies. Come see for yourself and please take in consideration all the other majority reviews we feel this review is another false accusation to discredit and harm our business. We don't even have sliced process cheese in our establishment