“Great day even in the rain!”
Review of Go Ape Cannock

Go Ape Cannock
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Rugeley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Here at Cannock Chase in Staffordshire, you're in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Our Tree Top Adventure takes Cannock Chase's breathtaking scenery, a smattering of tree-top high wires, crossings and wind-in-your-face zip wires. It's a proven recipe that never fails. Trust us, it's one of the best days out near Birmingham and the adventure does not need to stop there. You can get off the beaten track and enjoy our latest forest adventure with Go Ape Forest Segway - an epic experience with a down to earth twist. Cannock Chase is also home to our Tree Top Junior Adventure for Mini Tarzans. Release your little monkeys onto a Go Ape course designed for them. No one loves adventure more than kids!
Hook, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day even in the rain!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Booked this activity as we were staying in the area and had visited alton towers the day before and were looking for something fun to do! I was worrying a bit as the weather wasn't great but when we got there they got us straight in the gear and started so the rain wasn't an issue, the instructor we had was good fun and explained well what we were supposed to do. The whole course was really fun with lots of different things to do deffinatley got the adrenaline pumping after a few high zip wires. Perfect for my boyfriend who's a scaffolder who was in his element. Only complain I do have is that I don't think the 30 minute gap between groups was enough as I found we were getting stuck behind slower people and had to wait a while on each stage. Apart from that great day out and a nice little cafe close by!

Visited October 2013

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fantastic day! Must do activity!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had a party of 6 doing the Segway & Go Ape tree top adventure. Know one in our group had done anything like this before so we didn't know what to expect. The staff were excellent!! They really put us a ease by coaching us on the Segway & Go Ape, explaining all the safety aspects etc. In no time at all we got to grips with everything & the fun began. The Segway lasted 1 hour which was over far too quickly but thoroughly enjoyed. The Go Ape consists of 5 sections, inc. the first low level training section. Each level finishes with a zip wire back down to earth, SUPERB!! Each section seemed more challenging than the previous. After a while we didn't notice how high we were, we just concentrated on the obstacle before us. On some sections we had a choice of an easier route across or a more difficult route. But through all stages as long as you keep to the safety guidelines, it's safe & fun.

A MUST DO ACTIVITY! ADD IT TO YOUR BUCKET LIST.

Visited September 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Different, not an everyday activity”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

visited Go Ape in July with my wife on "Date Day' it was something different as we've been out for meals etc... We had a right laugh, my wife was a little scared which made it more fun for me! As long as you take your time and STAY ATTACHED at all times is perfectly safe! But does make the heart race!

Visited July 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Brilliant day out”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Came here as a group of 11 with some work colleagues and was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it!

A few of us were apprehensive at the start as we were a bit nervous about the heights involved. However the staff were all really encouraging and made sure that we all felt totally comfortable before going on the course.

There are 5 sections in all (including the small practise one) with various obstacles and a zip wire at the end of each- which we all thought was the best bit! Each course is seperate and so anyone could choose to miss one out if they wanted to. The only thing I didn't like is that once you're up in the trees you can't really back out and come down- but this seemed to spur everyone on.

Overall I would say this is a great day out. I wasn't looking forward to this day as I thought I'd be too scared to do it, however everyone in the group had a go and felt happy that they had done it at the end. A great day out and I would highly recommend it!

Visited August 2013
Staffordshire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good news travels”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My daughter who lives in Australia booked Go Ape tickets online for her and her partner before she came over, because she had seen photos of it. She was not disappointed. She is a fitness freak and had a wonderful time spending 3 hours swinging on ropes through the trees on Cannock Chase. They loved the challenge and say they ought to have something similar Down-Under. As a pensioner I just enjoyed watching them but if only I were a few years younger ....

Visited May 2013