“Brilliant!”
Review of Ye Olde Windmill

Ye Olde Windmill
Ranked #15 of 70 Restaurants in Rugeley
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A 16th Century country pub and restaurant with views over 4 counties We have been serving our customers for 30 years. Big open Log Fires and a warm friendly family atmosphere. Beer Gardens and patio areas by Crown Green Bowling green. All food homemade freshly cooked to order using the finest produce
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We went to the windmill for my mother in laws birthday, 7 adults, two children and two babies, the staff were very helpful carrying high chairs for us, very friendly with my children who decided to sit at the bar chatting to the barmaids, the food was lovely and they accommodated really well charging a mere £1 for a huge bowl of mash and veg for my niece who's 9 months. Everyone had a really good meal with no complaints, my burger was amazing and I will definitely be returning again and would definitely recommend this pub!

1  Thank Mommaplant

Reviewed February 22, 2014

A lovely place for a family meal, excellent value for money, lovely food and great service in a lovely country pub what more could you want!

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Great food, great staff, reasonable prices, what more could you want! What a great pub this is, would recommend to everyone!

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We went to the Ye Olde Windmill on the recommendation of some friends and found the pub to be a very nice place to attend. Service was great and friendly good choice of guest ales, food was of great standard, had 16oz steak cooked to perfection and great value at £16.95 including all the trimmings, would defo go to the Ye Olde Windmill again.

2  Thank Stuart S
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Awful food! Spent nearly £80 on 5 starters, and 5 mains .. Way too expensive for what you get on your plate! Breaded mushrooms were fine but the sauce was vile! Prawn cocktail was more sauce than prawns .. Salad? What salad? The half roast chicken was dry and was flavourless. And the mash was horrible. Lasagne was one from last week maybe as was dry and hard.. Scampi was okay .. Little watery ,. Chips were rock hard still.. Drinks.. We all had half pint drinks .. Diet coke £1.40 for half a pint? Rip-off. I thought if would be a lovely idea to bring my great nan here as she doesn't get out much and I feel embarrassed that I brought her here! Never ever again!!!!

1  Thank Chloenicolee