“Splendid visit!!”

Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Rugeley
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family run traditional Italian Restaurant situated in Rugeley. We provide an extensive A La Carte menu, catering for vegetarian, Celiac and Lactose-Intolerant diets (For more info please contact us via telephone). Our menu offers fresh fish, prime steak, chicken, pizza and pasta. 2 & 3 course set menus are also available mid-week (Tues-Thurs)
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was recommended the Terrazza by a friend of mine at work who described the resturant as "the best ive ever been to" I was not dissapointed! First of all there was a very walm welcome from the two bar men were we were asked if we would like to have a drink in the bar or go down to our table. We chose to go to the table where we were shown by a very polite young lady who then gave us menus and took a drink order. She then arrived with our drinks and was then told the specials of the night. We were amazed how fantastic the fish dishes were and wanted to taste them all as they sounded splendid. We chose gamberoni fritti which was delicious then for my main I had filletto biccante which was cooked exactly how I required it and was divine! Then for sweets I chose a Toblerone truffle which was a decent size and hit the spot. I fully recommend this restuarnt to you as you WILL NOT be let down.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Visited Saturday 13 April 2013. Group of 6 people. We had been before but about 10 years ago. This return visit did not disappoint. Had a drink on arrival in the small bar area and were then quickly shown to out table at the appointed time. Very good menu choice and also an excellent range of specials on offer. Staff explained the menu and specials choices very well and seemed knowledgeable about the food on offer. We asked for a sharing platter for starters which wasn't actually on the menu. Very impressed: range of meats, fish, cheeses, bread, olives etc. Main courses were equally as good and very promptly served considering the amount of people that were dining. No room for pudding but they looked good. Won't be waiting 10 years until our next visit. Recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We came as a group of 6 for my birthday. The welcome was great and Nicki is a real character and made the evening extra special. The food was very nice, great range of choice both in terms of dishes and price ranges including a limited range starter and main for £11 or full a la carte. I had a nice scallop fish starter and veal for main plus the very tasty tiramisu for dessert. I would recommend and certainly hope to return soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited La Terrezza on one of our 'passing through' trips. We were on our way to Highclere Castle in Berkshire and this was a stop off point for us, so we decided on an Italian meal for dinner that night. After reading through some trip advisor reviews we settled on this place and I must say it was the best that Rugeley (an unusual place!) had to offer.
The restaurant has a traditional decor, the usual mediterranean style flooring with warm reds and terracotta tiling. The ambience was very pleasant and we were greeted with a rather professional and efficient welcome from the staff, something more akin to a fine dining establishment. I say that as they seemed to be lined up as we walked in, then it was a case of 'good evening, we have your reservation, Nicki will show you to your table'. It was just the way we were greeted that seemed more attentive and articulate than maybe you would expect from the usual italian. This definitely set the tone for the evening as the service was exceptional and being the foodies we are, we're certainly no strangers to exceptional service. So on to the food...my husband had the Gamberoni to start which were beautiful, succulent and juicy in a wonderful rich tomato sauce and I had a rocket salad with strawberries and mozzarella. It was a light choice and nothing out of the ordinary but still tasty enough. I then had the Fillet Rossini, cooked medium with green beans and my husband had veal.
My steak was very nice, not the best I've ever had, but still nicely flavoured if however cooked a little more than medium. The downside was the pate. Dreadful! Tasted like the budget style imitation pates you buy from a supermarket or the beef/chicken paste stuff out of a jar! (Childhood memories!) It was stuffed inside a mushroom which sat on top of the steak which was on top of a french bread style crouton. I prefer my Rossini with the pate on the crouton with the steak then on top and the mushrooms in the sauce. I've eaten the dish in many variations, but this happens to be my preferred choice. In my opinion the pate can make or break the dish and this was definitely the case here. The sauce it came with also wasn't great, more like a gravy than the rich creamy sauce normally served with Rossini. All in all it was tasty enough but if you're used to fine dining and a high quality Tournedos Rossini then choose something else. My husbands veal was lovely and cooked well. Our desserts were homemade tiramisu, which was true to the word and tasted very authentic. I find Tiramisu varies hugely, but this was a rather good one, and I had the Oreo cheesecake, not my usual choice as I don't normally opt for 'bought in' style desserts but it was rich and creamy and better than most manufactured style restaurant options.

With a couple of coffees and a bottle of Valpolaciello the meal came to £82 for the two of us. A little more than the average italian but a very pleasant experience, enhanced by the outstanding service. I would definitely recommend this place as it offers good food in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank ladyluck0612
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This restaurant had been recommended and having read reviews on Trip Advisor I booked it. It definitely was worth the visit and neither of us was disappointed. I didn't think it was particularly expensive ... I know some have commented on here to say it is pricey but for my husband and I it cost just over £65.00 and we had breads, starter, main and desert. And that included drinks. The food on the menu was a little different but tasted fantastic and there was plenty of it. I particularly liked the freedom with the deserts...I am allergic to strawberries so often struggle when wanting a particular desert because they come "ready" made whereas here the desert is made fresh which gave me the option to substitute strawberries for raspberries ;-)

Staff were extremely pleasant and friendly, even patient when I had to call as we got lost (SatNav) sent us up a cul-de-sac behind the restaurant.

Wasn't too busy as we visited on a Thursday evening so were able to have a cosy and romantic meal in an authentically decorated Italian restaurant. Having visited Rome I can safely say the food is as nice as in Italy !!!!!

We will be going back !!