Premier Inn Rugeley Hotel
$207
$147
  • Breakfast included
$84
The Moat House(Acton Trussell)
$128
$121
Agoda.com
The Cathedral Hotel(Lichfield)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrestaurant next doorpower stationair conalton towerscooling towersstayed heretable tablefamily roommeal dealmin drivethe pubplenty of parkingadjoining restaurantreception staffgood nights sleepcomfortable roomquiet location
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business whilst training and was warmly greeted by Claire on reception. Had a few problems on my booking which she dealt with quickly and professionally for me. Excellent customer service skills shown by here and nothing was too much for her to do. She always had a smile on her face and always spoke as you walked past, something I find in other hotels that isn't done. Great praise should be given to her. The room was nice and clean and was of a good side and generally did the job. Stayed on business so I can't comment on the value. Food Nd breakfast was good at the pub next door as was the service there to from the waiting and bar staff. All in all a good stay, would return/ recommend if in area again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Katie F
Sue M, Manager at Premier Inn Rugeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us here at Rugeley Premier Inn.

I was thrilled to read the service Claire gave you whilst staying with us. Your comments have been passed on to here and I know she will be as happy to read them as I was.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

2nd time we've stayed at this particular Premier Inn, it's great. We use it as a stop over for visiting Alton Towers which is only about 20 mile away. Staff are really friendly, rooms are clean, bathrooms clean and it also has AC which is a godsend. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your warm comments regarding your stay at Rugeley Premier Inn.

It is really important to us that every guest has a brilliant stay and the team here and delighted to hear you did.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This chain hotel was clean and had the added bonus of air conditioning, not found too often in UK budget hotels.

Staff were helpful and appeared well trained, in both the hotel and the adjacent restaurant both owned by Whitbread.

One can easily be put off on arrival as the site is near a power station! however there are no issues with this and you could be in the countryside and no emissions from it either.

would use this site again, only issue with the chain is having to pay for breakfast on top of the hotel rate, can make it expensive when others include this in their lower prices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Sue M, Manager at Premier Inn Rugeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the premier inn at Rugeley last weekend with my disabled mother The customer service was outstanding. The rooms were excellent and we had all that we needed. The staff were polite and helpful at all times. The restaurant next door was very good and the prices were fair. At 9am on the morning we were due to leave and drive home 200 miles, I found a had a slow puncture The receptionist said while we had breakfast she would phone kwit fit for us. After breakfast (10am) she had arranged for kwit fit to see me and had drawn me a map to get there. On arriving at kwit fit they were excepting me and even knew what car I was driving. My 11am I was back at the hotel, tyre fixed, full tank of petrol and able to pick up my mum, check out and drive safely home.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel.

It is really important to us that every guest has a brilliant stay and all of the team here are happy you did. I was absolutely delighted to hear how my receptionist helped you resolving your car issues and your comments will be passed on to Sam for her brilliant service.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have never stayed in a premier inn before but I will definitely return.

I checked in with a very ill daughter who needed to go to bed immediately. The staff on the desk were so accommodating and helpful, nothing was too much trouble - thank you for all your kind help.

The room was a family room with proper childrens beds not some horrible, uncomfortable 'put you ups' and they had a great nights sleep. It was spotlessly clean and our bed was lovely and comfortable.

The Colliers next door was a nice pub/restaurant. We didn't eat evening meal there but we did book the breakfast which was amazing. Waitress service for the cooked meal, the cold breakfast was help yourself. Really good value for money as the kids ate free.

Not so close to Alton Towers ( about 20 miles) but a nice drive from there through some pretty villages and lovely lake.

Totally recommend this hotel, even with the cooling towers behind!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel.

It is really important to us that every guest has a brilliant stay and all of the team here are happy you did. I do hope your daughter is feeling better and made a speedy recovery!