“Pleasant stay and great value for money!”

Premier Inn Rugeley Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rugeley
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I travelled from London to Rugeley to see our close friends get married.

Check in was not until 2:00pm but as we arrived very early the receptionist was very kind to allow us to check in earlier at 11:30am once the rooms were cleaned.

The location was excellent for us with a great pub next door and a McDonald's over the road. Parking was free and it was very easy to get in to the town centre.

Overall this was a pleasant stay and the staff were very friendly. We paid £39 for the one night on the premier inn website but could have got it cheaper if we booked a few days earlier.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here. I have family that live in Rugeley and Stafford so this is extremely well placed for me.

The team here are all extremley friendly and helpful. I arrived at 12 o clock and they sorted my check in 2 hours early :)

As all Premier Inns room was clean and well equipped, only downfall for me is that my room had a standard double and not a kingsize bed (personal preference)

Air con worked well, duvet was a bit heavy for our liking but again personal preference

We will be back :)

Room Tip: We requested a top floor as do not like having people above us and this was not a problem
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joanne F
Sue M, Manager at Premier Inn Rugeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you ever so much for your kind comments regarding our hotel.

I am so please to hear that my team met your requirements for checking in to the hotel early, as well as allocating you a top floor room.

All of your comments have been passed on to my team and I know they will be as happy to hear them as I was.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Recently stayed at this Premier Inn for the third time. As usual it was a good stay, clean room good staff and a great breakfast next door. My only issue is that mentioned by others, concerning the lack of windows that open. Despite this I'd not hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: I was well away from the stairs and completely undisturbed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Sue M, Manager at Premier Inn Rugeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Premier Inn Rugeley. At Premier Inn we always strive to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that on a number of occasions you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is always rewarding to hear that our standards have been maintained by all of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Premier Inn soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a fairly new Premier inn, the only problem is that it is a sealed building with no opening windows. All air is via an air conditioning/heating system so the air quality is not great and very dry. If you have any chest or breathing problems this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Sue M, Manager at Premier Inn Rugeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Firstly I would like to say thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel in your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this.
Please be assured that, at Premier Inn, we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate these issues further.
I have forwarded your comments on further regarding our windows to try and help future guest experiences better.

I am pleased to see that you felt the service you received was 5/5 as well as the cleanliness of the rooms, I will be sure to pass this on to my team as they value feedback from our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I do hope we see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night over the recent bank holiday weekend, paying a very reasonable £39. Very convenient location on the main road outside Rugeley & opposite a McDonalds (no noise at all heard from either). Easy check in as usual & we were greeted with a warm smile by Marie on reception; she advised us that our room was on the 2nd floor of the hotel. Our large double room was at the back of the hotel overlooking the power station (which we didn't mind at all, in fact we took one or two pictures of it as our perception of it was that it didn't look too bad); the room was spotlessly clean & pleasantly decorated, as was the bathroom. We had an issue with the air conditioning & I went down to ask Marie on reception for advice - she advised me how to rectify the problem & offered to come up & sort it herself which she duly did. We had an excellent night's sleep & woke up thoroughly refreshed for the day ahead. Many thanks also to the hotel manager Sue who was also very pleasant & listened attentively to our praise of the hotel & staff. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to deliver the best guest service and I am pleased to read that Marie fulfilled this for you. Your comments have been passed on to her and I know she will be pleased with this.

Myself and my team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for a Wedding in the local area and it was perfect. Very friendly and welcoming staff, clean and modern room and of course a great breakfast in the table table next door.
Really nice stay, many thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Sue M, Manager at Premier Inn Rugeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel.

We hope you enjoyed the wedding you attended and that the service you received within our Premier Inn was a great one.

My team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked this as we were travelling with a small group on a cycling trip to Cannock Chase A few Miles in the car). Booked early and paid between £19 and £29 for each room as they were booked at different times.

Plenty of parking, Macdonalds over the road and Table Table next door. Reception was clean, and the person on the desk very efficient. We asked about bring our bikes into our rooms (They are quite expensive), the were happy for us to do this, as long as we gave them a wipe down, or they offered us the parking space outside the receiption door which was covered by CCTV all night and the reception was covered all night. Great to have the choice. As a group we had all been given rooms on same corridor, which was great. The food and service at the Table Table restaurant was really very good. I really can't fault this place. I ended up looking for something to be wrong, but it wasn't. The bathroom, toliet and shower curtain we all spotless as was the rest of the place. This will be my choice in this area next time we go.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Sue M, Manager at Premier Inn Rugeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Premier Inn Rugeley. At Premier Inn we always strive to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay with us.

I am delighted to hear how my team ensured that your stay was comfortable and your needs were met with regards to the storage of your bicycles.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Premier Inn in the near future.

Premier Inn Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rugeley
Travelodge Rugeley
The Shoulder of Mutton Inn
Marsh Farm Bed & Breakfast
Marsh Farm Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 2 in Abbots Bromley

Been to Premier Inn Rugeley Hotel? Share your experiences!