“Really Disappointed”

Ash Tree
Ranked #51 of 63 Restaurants in Rugeley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Ash Tree is a Marston's two for one restaurant. We have a wide variety of meals on our special boards that change on a regular basis.
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Really Disappointed”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went tonight for my daughters 9th Birthday. On arrival not many diners but still had to wait 45 mins for meal to arrive after ordering. My daughter was starving. When it arrived mine was cold so had to return it. By the time it came back to me my daughter and her dad had finished theirs and she wanted her dessert. Which when eating fish smelling chocolate at the same time just isn't enjoyable at all. We were offered a two for one on the desserts, but I go out for a main meal I do not want a dessert. So they offered my daughters for free. Put a dampener on a Birthday Treat. Very disappointed as usually food is ok for two for one here. Waitress was very apologetic, but as I said to her it wasn't her fault.

• Visited November 2013

Stafford, England, United Kingdom
“Recent discovery.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Really enjoyed this pub, was very quiet on a Monday evening but it made the dining experience more about us. The staff were friendly and the food was good. Not the best but worth the money and the buy one get one free price tag. My only fault is I asked for lots of ice in my drink and received two cubes.

Love the garlic bread selection, haven't seen anything like that before.

• Visited November 2013
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Staff Made So Much Effort”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I visited the Ash Tree on 31 October for a quick meal with a friend. I'd actually forgotten that it was Halloween but I certainly became aware as soon as I walked in! The staff were all dressed up and they'd obviously put a lot of effort into their costumes. The whole place was well decorated for Halloween too.
Although it was very busy we were approached immediately by a member of staff and shown to a table. We didn't have to go to the bar once. All our drinks and food orders were taken at the table and served promptly.
I live in Burton on Trent, the home of Marstons brewery who run the Ash Tree. What a credit the staff at this venue are to the company.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“the worst !!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

dreadful food, 2.5 hrs waiting for a lot of rubbish....
my advice to anyone thinking of coming to this " restaurant "
is......GO SOMEWHERE ELSE....dont waste your money.....

• Visited September 2013
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant eatery”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have eaten at the Ash Tree many times in the past few years and I have never been disappointed. I found some of the reviews on here quite unbelievable as my lunchtime experiences have been quite pleasant.

The menu is reasonably varied and service is efficient, lunchtimes are often busy but waiting time was not excessive and it would be ludicrous say it would ever be inedible. The restaurant has a very pleasant outside environment where a working canal features passing houseboats. There is also a children's play area.

The seating area for after meal is rather cramped and not over comfortable.

As an eatery the Ash Tree offers good standard pub fare and I would recommend it.

• Visited August 2013