“Another great stay!”
Review of Fairway Motel

Fairway Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rugeley
Fairway Motel
Ranked #6 of 9 Rugeley B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Another great stay at the Fairway. Everything is spotlessly clean, well provisioned for and the room was lovely and warm. Nothing is ever too much trouble for these guys; even though we arrived 2 hours later than estimated, there they were to meet and welcome us. Many thanks to Angie and team for making our stay so good. Kay and T.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kay S

Reviewed October 11, 2013

There are some great points about this motel -
A pretty outside area, which is carefully tended.
Basically furnished but huge room with two separate TVs, a fridge and tea/coffee making facilities.
Touches inside the room make it obvious someone cares about making it a nice place to stay.
Heating that easily kept us warm in unseasonably chilly weather.
The manageress was friendly and accommodating.

However, some not so great features -
I felt quite unsafe at times with a door that didn't quite fit in the frame, a single Yale lock and the number keypad on the complex’s security door continuously left on the latch.
Myself and my husband found the bed HUGELY uncomfortable. It was such a problem we bought a blow up mattress for our second night!
The room had obviously been cleaned - that is without question - but it nevertheless felt like it was due a deep clean –cobwebs, particularly around skirting in bathroom, general ‘grittyness’ to floor and the shower tray was ingrained with dirt. It was only when I got home and showered I realised I felt clean for the first time in 2 days.

There were also general niggles like not enough towels, not enough mugs, one smelly duvet that quite obviously hadn’t been cleaned. The manageress really was very helpful and accommodating when these were mentioned so I have no doubt she would have bent over backwards to correct everything she could if she had known my dissatisfaction. However, I could see how busy she was during the times she was onsite and didn't feel prepared to add to her workload. I would rather stay somewhere where there were more staff (I only ever saw the manageress trying to keep up with everything herself) so facilities were more likely to be clean and intact from the beginning than become a thorn in this busy woman's side side badgering her repeatedly while I was there.

I have tried to leave an honest review and hope the staff at Fairway Motel understand it is not an attack but a reflection of my experience. There were such plusses in there too but in all honesty, it’s not somewhere I would stay again or feel comfortable to recommend to others without making them very aware of the downsides we experienced :( So for that reason I can't in all honesty rate it as more than a two - which is such a shame :(

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
fairwaymotel, Owner at Fairway Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for review. We do endeavour to rectify any negative comments that it contains and are constantly up grading our rooms. Recently completed are another 7 brand new rooms.
We are concerned when we receive a bad review and can only say that any problems could have been rectified there and then. We notice that it has been more 6 weeks since you stayed with us and would have thought this could have been resolved quicker. and could have offered you another room

All our bedding is sent to a laundry, There is no limit on towels, there are cups and for 4 people and endless free tea and coffee. Free Wi-Fi etc. etc
We do admit we are a budget motel and not the Hilton but for £45 per night for 4 people we think we are the best value in the area.
We are extremely sorry you were dissatisfied with you room and although you say you would not visit us again you will be most welcome and have a choice of room according to availability. All rooms apart from the new ones are due to be refurbished in the new year, Kind Regards
Chris Whitehead

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed at the Fairway 7th 8th September to go to a do at the local social club. We arrived early but were made very welcome by the landlady and were allocated 2 single rooms straight away which was a bonus. The room was very small but there was a double bed wardrobe fridge and microwave. The room was clean and served its purpose for what it was booked for. The Motel is on the high street of Rugeley with a Wetherspoons and numerous eating places nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank escort
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Fairway Motel offers excellent value for money, and offered a great base camp for a visit to the Midlands for myself and my girlfriend. The room itself was clean, spacious, well decorated, and comfortable. It was equipped with en-suite shower and toilet, a TV, kettle and fridge. The particular room we stayed in did lack any windows beyond a little skylight in the ceiling. As we were staying in July, this might have been seen as an issue. However, I found the room cool enough at all times of the day, and the room's lighting was perfectly adequate. Staff were welcoming and helpful, and I'd happily recommend the Fairway Motel. As a business based in the town I grew up in, I'm happy to see it going from strength to strength.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antony W
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Completly surprised by the massive rooms, cleanand tidy. Manager was very friendly. arrived with coffee suppliments ready. Felt more comfortable than i would of in a hotel. Own access to carpark. Would deffinelty stay again. And advise anyone needing a room in the area to stay there. Will be recomending it to friends

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank mingle27
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We moved to this motel after unpleasant experiences in nearby accommodation and spent 2 nights here; I was surprised by some of the reviewers' adverse comments. After our previously mentioned unpleasant experiences we inspected this motel before confirming(always a wise move, even if only on arrival and before accepting). The very friendly owners and manager showed us around several vacant rooms and were attentive to our requirements.

The 2 nights were spent in different rooms, including the "Cave" mentioned by another reviewer. The only natural light source was, indeed, a rooflite but with no external walls it is difficult to imagine any other solution, but as we arrived after dark on both nights this was not a problem. In fact, for us the problem was the opposite with light streaming in very early in the morning. The owner assured us, however, that they were already investigating some sort of shuttering of the light source. Apart from that the rooms were clean with fresh, modern furnishings, good beds and good decor - all appearing almost new. There were some minor problems with the first room which were cosmetic/aesthetic more than anything else and the management were happy with - and in fact insisted on - a thorough debrief.

The point that comes out of all this is "if you think you're being overcharged, or are unhappy with your stay discuss it with the owner at the time" - it is difficult for them to rectify a situation of which they're unaware.

As an International airline pilot I stay in top class hotels 10 nights a month and am aware of the standards required. As a native of - and regular visitor to - Rugeley I'm also aware of the standards in accommodation of this type in the area. This hotel, IMHO, is unbeatable for the price in the surrounding area and I will certainly be using it as a base for future visits.

T W Jones
New Zealand

Room Tip: If you're going to be there during the day and a shortage of natural light bothers you ask for a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terence J
Reviewed May 21, 2013

On returning to this lovely motel for the third time we were pleasantly surprised to find that new rooms had been built. The manager offered to show us around the new rooms. The new rooms were absolutely beautiful and we asked if we could stay there. The manager Angie said that would not be a problem. The room was well decorated to a very high standard the furniture and fittings were very well thought out and immaculate. The en-suite_ was large and well fitted out. The room had a very calming effect and very quiet . We had a lovely nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. There was complementary tea and coffee with lovely biscuits. This room was slightly dearer than previous rooms but in my opinion it was well worth it. All in all we had a lovely quiet stay yet again THANK YOU FAIRWAY.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different so ask if you could look at the rooms so you could choose the right one...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple