“Great for Deer Watching”

Silver Trees Holiday Park
Reviewed May 16, 2008

We rented a caravan on this site for 3 nights at a cost of £187. Upon arrival we were shown to the caravan which appeared ok at first glance but once we began unpacking I was very dissapointed with the cleanliness of the property. The breadbin was full of crumbs and margarine around the lid, the windows were smeared with previous occupants handprints as was the fridge and microwave, the toilet had just had toilet cleaner splashed in it and was not properly cleaned. Considering the cost we had paid I went back to reception to mention the cleanliness issue, I was shown to a second van which upon inspection had a similar standard of cleanliness as the first, when I pointed this out to the proprietor I was told 'it is what it is, I'm not feeling very well so you can have your money back'. Humm, not the best customer service I've come across and after packing and travelling and promising my 7 year old a stay at a deer park with a pool not really the type of respons I was hoping for. I left to speak with my husband about whether to stay or not when the lady at the site came out, she was a little more understanding and did acknowledge the issues I pointed out.
We decided to stay as we had made prior plans to meet up with friends for the weekend and go biking over Cannock Chase otherwise we would have probably left. We spent half an hour cleaning the caravan ourselves before unpacking.
Admittedly, the man did bring us a free bag of deer food as a peace offering, but our stay had already been marred by the caravans lack of cleanliness and his attitude.
We were looking forward to using the well advertised heated indoor pool - guess what it was out of action all weekend.
Not a site I would recommend for the reasons outlined.
Best bit was the visiting deer and we counted 50 at one point.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank BladonFamily
TobyRugeley, Owner at Silver Trees Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2008

Obviously we regret if any visitor had any adverse comments.
We try to give a quality stay in a unique location on Cannock Chase.
We have a feedback survey that all visitors are encouraged to complete and post in a survey box at reception, upon which we would react.
We have either very good or good as the overall assesment by our survey particiants.
Hopefully the positive comments written by guests and listed on Silver Trees website are a measure of our situation.
Repeat visits figure strongley in our bookings, year on year, therefore I think we offer a quality stay in a unique, enjoyable, environment for our many visitors.