“A lovely caravan site in beautiful surroundings”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rugeley
Silver Trees Holiday Park
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I booked a three night rental at Silvertrees. There was myself and my husband, my 16 year old son and his mate of the same age. We were in the area to visit Alton Towers. Whilst I had found accomodation closer to the Alton Towers Resort, Silver Trees had more of an appeal to it (It is aprox 18 miles from the theme park).
The caravan was exceptionally clean, normally I feel the need to give holiday accomodation a quick once over with my own products as I am very fussy but there was no requirement. The caravan was also well equipped with washing up essentials, a basket of coffee,tea and hot chocolate satchets. Towels and bedding were fresh and in pristine condition.
The park was quiet and peaceful, and well maintained. And of course the wildlife added to the tranquillity. We spent a long time watching the deer, and every dusk watched whilst a fox appeared from the ferns to go hunting,being met back at the ferns by its 3 cubs eagerly awaiting tea (3 grey squirrels less in the area).
We didn't have time to use the pool or tennis court, and didn't require the use of the laundry.
I would return to Silver Trees in a heartbeat, and indeed have already recommended it to family who frequent the Staffordshire area

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank N_F_39

Reviewed August 4, 2008

We recently moved from Staffordshire to Cairo Egypt, and were looking for a base for summer holidays to visit friends and family; what a great find Silver Trees proved to be.
Over the past few summers we have stayed in various static caravans in S Wales, Devon and Cornwall, not one of these comes anywhere close to what we experienced at Silver Trees. The quality, size and cleanliness of the van was fantastic, indeed when friends came to visit they just couldn’t believe the quality and size of the accommodation. We hired a 3 bed static and stayed for two weeks, before decamping for a week in Cornwall to a significantly inferior, but more expensive site, and then returned to Silver Trees for a final week.
We plan to use this site as a base for future visits to the UK and have no hesitation in giving it the highest rating.
Then of course there is the location which is simply stunning, our children had lots of space to play, greatly enjoyed using the pool and were blown away by being able to hand feed the deer. I doubt you will find a better location, or more cared for site in the UK.
Summary – the best site with the best accommodation we’ve come across.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed May 16, 2008

We rented a caravan on this site for 3 nights at a cost of £187. Upon arrival we were shown to the caravan which appeared ok at first glance but once we began unpacking I was very dissapointed with the cleanliness of the property. The breadbin was full of crumbs and margarine around the lid, the windows were smeared with previous occupants handprints as was the fridge and microwave, the toilet had just had toilet cleaner splashed in it and was not properly cleaned. Considering the cost we had paid I went back to reception to mention the cleanliness issue, I was shown to a second van which upon inspection had a similar standard of cleanliness as the first, when I pointed this out to the proprietor I was told 'it is what it is, I'm not feeling very well so you can have your money back'. Humm, not the best customer service I've come across and after packing and travelling and promising my 7 year old a stay at a deer park with a pool not really the type of respons I was hoping for. I left to speak with my husband about whether to stay or not when the lady at the site came out, she was a little more understanding and did acknowledge the issues I pointed out.
We decided to stay as we had made prior plans to meet up with friends for the weekend and go biking over Cannock Chase otherwise we would have probably left. We spent half an hour cleaning the caravan ourselves before unpacking.
Admittedly, the man did bring us a free bag of deer food as a peace offering, but our stay had already been marred by the caravans lack of cleanliness and his attitude.
We were looking forward to using the well advertised heated indoor pool - guess what it was out of action all weekend.
Not a site I would recommend for the reasons outlined.
Best bit was the visiting deer and we counted 50 at one point.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank BladonFamily
TobyRugeley, Owner at Silver Trees Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2008

Obviously we regret if any visitor had any adverse comments.
We try to give a quality stay in a unique location on Cannock Chase.
We have a feedback survey that all visitors are encouraged to complete and post in a survey box at reception, upon which we would react.
We have either very good or good as the overall assesment by our survey particiants.
Hopefully the positive comments written by guests and listed on Silver Trees website are a measure of our situation.
Repeat visits figure strongley in our bookings, year on year, therefore I think we offer a quality stay in a unique, enjoyable, environment for our many visitors.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rugeley
Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel
The Swan Hotel
The Swan Hotel
#5 of 11 in Stafford
Travelodge Stafford Central Hotel

Been to Silver Trees Holiday Park? Share your experiences!