All reviewsthe pubcooked breakfast was lovelyvisiting friendsfull englishfresh fruitstay there againtea and coffeegood nights sleepevening mealgavinburtonreptonwedding
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend and our dog for 2 weeks. They were great with the dog, even though he could be a little noisy, and accommodated him well! They have a grassy area the dog could run around on, although this is not fenced off so we didn't like to let him off of his lead, which was more difficult considering we were there for 2 weeks. The Inn itself is quite far from local amenities, and we walked an hour to find the local co-op but didn't mind this much as it gave us a chance to see the countryside. The hotel room itself was not the cleanest, with a lot of cobwebs and spiders, which really ruined the place for us. The dog also liked to crawl under the bed, where there were a few exposed nails sticking out of the bed frame. They also weren't cooking food when we visited, but were more than happy to give us plates and cutlery for take outs. We drank in the bar one night, and the staff were amazing! They were so lovely, and the locals were round, who clearly also loved the place and the managers. I popped down early in the night and asked for champagne for later, and they provided it in an ice bucket for us, ready for when we went down to the pub for drinks. Again, they were great with the dog, let him into the pub with us and fussed over him like old friends. We really enjoyed the stay and would definitely visit again if we were in the area, as the managers themselves were amazing and gave it a homely feel. We would recommend the Inn if you want somewhere homely, but only if you don't mind a LOT of cobwebs !!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte m
Reviewed September 3, 2017

Stayed in this hotel as we were going to a wedding next day, shame no evening meal served but we were allowed to order a takeaway and eat in their restaurant with plates and cutlery provided. lovely clean room and comfortable bed. No internet unfortunately! Excellent breakfast Saturday morning, asked if we wanted cereal but we said no, cooked breakfast was lovely, plenty of toast marmalade and jams. Sunday there was cereals out with lots of fresh fruit to choose from and different fruit juices. again another lovely cooked breakfast. Gavin and his wife are really pleasant and helpful hope they do well, Sue and Bob.

Room Tip: rooms on the front are on a busy road but here is secondary glazing!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

What a lovely place to stay. Very reasonably priced. The couple who ran it were very friendly and helpful. The room was lovely, comfy and the food was beautiful. Would definitely stay there again if back in the area It was just round the corner from family we were visiting which was ideal

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank lkitto2015
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

I can't give this hotel enough praise the staff are amazing and so friendly I stayed for a week and they were really concerned that I had everything I needed! I took my dog and everyone was so friendly they didn't even mind about the smell of dog food! The area is lovely and even the locals are friendly saying hello when you walk past not had that in a long time and everyone is willing to give you directions! I can't stress enough this really one of the best hotels I have stayed in and really friendly towards my dog! But a word of advice if you drink in the bar make sure Gavin isn't there he encourages you to drink! Really can't praise enough I stayed for a week and added an extra night which they found no problem! Excellent excellent excellent!!!!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

Lovely friendly country pub for a quiet drink. The staff are very friendly and polite and helpful.It's got easy access and parking. Can't wait till they start doing food again so we can try it. Love the area.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple