“Fantastic!!”
Review of Newton House B&B

Newton House B&B
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My boyfriend booked this as a surprise for my birthday we stayed on 27/04/2013, it's absolutely fabulous the room we stayed in was amazing everything has been thought of right down to the finest detail. Plush furnishings and the most amazing bath, all the smelly's were of the best quality. The hosts were very friendly and accommodating and nothing is too much trouble, Jackie promised us the best sausages at breakfast and she wasn't wrong. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, croissants (and chocolate ones) yoghurts, cereals, toast and full english and even daily papers. Both Jackie and Greg asked us if we wanted more!! Excellent hospitality!!

Jackie had recommended to my feller a choice of pubs/restaurants which we then booked at the Dragon and had a lovely meal (although I could have stayed in that room all night and been perfectly happy).

The grounds to the B&B were absolutely beautiful and we had a lovely time walking round them, and I imagine that it is a lovely setting for a wedding as I know they do these too.

On the morning we were leaving we were at a bit of a loss of where to go and finish our weekend break but Jackie and Greg gave us the suggestion of visiting Calke Abbey and what a lovely day we had there.

I will definately go back and have been recommending this to family and friends. I have even told my boyfriend that he has surpassed himself this year and he will struggle next year!!! Maybe he will take me back there again.

I would highly recomment this as a lovely romantic break and it is central to many attractions. It has been one of the best birthdays that I have had.

Price wise I think it is reasonable as it's not much more than you would pay for a holiday inn/premier lodge and I know what I would prefer!! (LUXURY) !!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here last weekend 6/4/13 and found it difficult to fault. Jacqui & Greg made us feel most welcome, the room was fantastic with a comfortable bed, a large bathroom plus the lounge/family room.

Breakfast could not be faulted, a huge choice and constant offer of "anything else?".

We were concerned that we might be kept awake by the wedding that was going on in the function room (converted barn) at the back of the house but heard absolutely nothing.

Not the cheapest B & B in South Derbyshire but truly excellent value all the same. Compared to others we have tried, Newton House oozes that bit of extra quality. It's worth paying for.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
The Boot Inn
The Boot Inn
#1 of 1 in Repton

Been to Newton House B&B? Share your experiences!