“Alarming experience....... :)”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Newton Solney
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Alarming experience....... :)”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed here on business just for the one night. I arrived fairly late and received a very warm welcome from the young lady on reception. Check-in very easy with no delays. My room was on the first floor but sadly overlooked a back car park, bushes and some bins...... So no pretty view for me? However, the room was pleasant with a very comfortable bed and lovely fresh white linen etc. likewise the towels were lovely and white and fluffy. My only grumble with the room was the lack of sockets for us modern day traveller. Been on my own I don't tend to do restaurants, so it was refreshing to see a good selection of food on the room service menu. This was delivered promptly and with a smile. It was an eventful night as the fire alarm went off, which meant a full evacuation. I'm a H & S advisor for a large government organisation, so I was pleased to see how efficiently the staff dealt with the evacuation, roll- call and dealing with the fire service. So well done. Letter posted under the door from the manager thanking us for our cooperation. Nice touch. All in all a nice stay and I wouldn't hesitate to come back.

Room Tip: I guess a room over looking the Trent valley would be nice, so ask for one at the front of the hours...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am pleased that the staff dealt with the fire evacuation properly. I will be sure to pass your comments onto them as they take great encouragement from such comments. Thank you again for this review and I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future. Kind Regards
Moira Banks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hungarian first
Wales
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best Mercure we have stayed in, the staff were absolutely brilliant and friendly, made you so welcomed, my little boy who is 3 was made a fuss of which was really good of them, the both breakfasts we had was very hot and tasty,our evening meal was excellent in the restaurant really enjoyed, I would highly recommend this hotel, very pretty grounds, thanks to all the staff that made our weekend so special

• Stayed April 2014
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am pleased you had a good weekend and the staff looked after you well. I will pass your compliments on to the team as they take great encouragement from them. I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards
Gosport, England
Reviewed April 28, 2014

A lovely hotel in a quiet location, surrounded by picturesque gardens. Food quality was very good. The staff were friendly and helpful. Superior room spacious and comfortable, although more information on how to access the wi-fi and movies upon arrival would have improved my visit. Staff willing to help with this when asked. Will use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and will return.
Kind Regards
Dunblane, Scotland
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We attended a Navy reunion weekend in the hotel and the staff could not have done more to make us welcome. We had two dinners and two breakfasts in the dining room and the food and service were of a very high standard. This is the second time we have used the Newton Park and we will undoubtedly return because it's an ideal venue for functions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It was a pleasure to welcome your group back to the Hotel for the second year. I will ensure the team here read your comments and we will look forward to welcoming you back in 2015. Kind Regards
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My company hired the use of the boardroom meeting room. We were really impressed with building and the gardens were beautiful. This hotel is located in a lovely village with a couple of pubs and lovely surrounding countryside. Our meeting room was well equipped with the usual flip charts, pens, plentiful tea, coffee, fruit etc. our buffet lunch was plentiful, well presented and very tasty! The staff were very friendly and helpful. Couldn't fault this hotel, and we would use it again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. The team here will take great encouragement from this. I hope it won't be long before we get the opportunity to welcome you and your colleagues back to the Hotel.
Kind Regard
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

spacious room , good check out time for 20£ had room till 6pm lovely old bar area lots of easy parking good bathroom clean and comfortable . i will stay again when next in the burton area , the only thing i had to eat there was a sandwich which was pretty good and a very good espresso.

Room Tip: room 2 twin room was vcomfortable looked into car park but caught sun a bit in afternoon (which didn...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for posting this review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope it won't be long before we welcome you back to the Hotel.
Yours sincerely
#1 of 1 in Branston
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge
#8 of 11 in Burton upon Trent

Been to Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park? Share your experiences!