“Fantastic wedding!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Newton Solney
Derbyshire
“Fantastic wedding!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Attended a wedding here last weekend. It was absolutely brilliant!!! Couldn't fault it at all. From the moment we walked in the staff could not have been more attentive. The Toastmaster and wedding planner did an excellent job.
We stayed over the night before and the night of the wedding. Room was great as was the breakfast both days. Would certainly stay here again. Thank you very much Newton Park Hotel and staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It gives the staff and myself great pleasure to read that not only the Bride and Groom enjoyed their day but also the guests. I will pass your compliments on to the team and I hope it is not too long before we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel.
Moira Banks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Hungarian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Myself, my husband and 18month old little boy have just got home after my sisters wedding yesterday what can I say, am so impressed,all the staff were brilliant.Tom the toast master was fantastic and kept the whole day running smoothly and would recommend to anyone planning a wedding. Also nigel fielding the food and beverage manager was outstanding, at 9.30pm my little man needed his bottle of whole milk and when I asked at reception if it was possible to have his bottle filled up Nigel overheard and said they hadn't got any only semi skimmed but said he would be more than happy to pop to tesco a few miles away! I was so impressed and can't thank Nigel enough he was a star, not only did I see him working very hard all day at wedding but he also brought the whole milk up to room at 7am and was very happy to help, all staff made this a day to remember and my husband already wants to book to come and stay again even though we only live about 6miles away, will be recommending this hotel to all my friends thank you. Steph

• Stayed February 2013
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Steph

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It gives me great pleasure to be able to pass these reviews on to the team who take great pride and encouragement from seeing them. I will pass on your thanks to the team and, in particular, Nigel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, maybe for a romantic break?
Nyon, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Superb staff. I was greeted after a long day of travelling by a man named Paul, who was the personification of hospitability. The hotel is a 10GBP taxi away from the centre of Burton and although it was winter, wet and windy, it was superb to open the curtains and see the South Derbyshire countryside. The room service was good and the Eggs Benedict, the best I've had in some time. The rooms are clean and the value good. Rooms need a bit more protection from the internal walls - a bit noisy inside rather than outside. However, it is a very comfortable and welcoming hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post this review. It gives me great pleasure to be able to pass such reviews on to the team here as they take great encouragement from them. I will make sure Paul is thanked for his hospitality to yourself. I hope it will not be too long before you return to the UK and we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel.
Thanks again.
Kind Regards
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Myself and a colleague have spent most of the week here and we've loved it! The staff are excellent, nothing is too much trouble at all. The rooms are a bit tired but that's just detail as they are generally warm and cosy. The food is great. Plenty of choice and reasonably priced. Particular thanks to James Plowright who was exceptional and the night porter this week who was very considerate and helpful. Would definitely stay again and will recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2013
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It gives the team here great encouragement to read such reviews. I will pass on your comments and thanks to all the team and, in particular, James and our Night Porter. I hope it won't be too long before we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel. Thanks again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had our wedding breakfast and evening reception at Newton park yesterday and it exceeded expectations!! We first arrived to mike the toast master and Nigel one of the manager at Newton Park with a glass of mulled wine to warm us up! From then on the staff could not have done more our package included canapés on arrival which I would definatley recommend as guests commented on how nice they were! The food was fantastic! Every single person we spoke to said how nice there meal was and also a really generous portion size. When the room was turned around for the evening it looked fantastic! You can tell Newton Park have alot of weddings as the service is very proffesonial. We could not of asked for a better day and we can honestly say we could not of asked for a better wedding venue. Big thanks to mike, Nigel and also James who greeted us on the Friday when we took all the table plans etc he was very helpful and put our minds at ease. Just a quick mention about the room and breakfast the next morning this was also amazing with no faults at all!!

All in all if u have booked your wedding here u will not be disappointed! I want to do it all over again!!!!

Thanks Newton Park your staff are a credit to you!!!!!

Love Lucy & Gav

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Juiceluce
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Lucy and Gavin
Thank you for taking the time to post this fantastic review. We are glad to hear that you had a perfect wedding day. I will pass your thanks on to all the team, in particular Nigel and James. The team here take great encouragement from such reviews and it gives us all great pleasure to know that we helped make your day special. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently visited Newton Park for brief seasonal stay and found that staff and service were excellent. We were prior warned that there was a wedding taking place during our stay and although we were aware of the wedding we felt that Newton Park went out of their way to make our stay just as pleasant!

Overall food and service were excellent - we will be making a trip in the future

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pegasus21
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post this review. I am pleased to hear that the wedding did not impact your stay as the team pride themselves in ensuring all our customers are looked after even when it is busy with events. I have passed your comments on to the team and we hope it is not too long before we welcome you back to the Hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I booked our wedding breakfast at Newton park almost a year in advance and from that day have had swift communication and excellent customer service from the staff. Even sorting out a projector at the last minute for us to use.

The night before myself (the groom) and my family/friends stayed at the hotel and opted to set the wedding room up ourselves (despite being offered to have it all sorted for us). Whilst doing this, there was nothing that the staff would not do for us, helping out at the drop of a hat. James was particularly helpful and very friendly. At 'the last supper' we all enjoyed a lovely meal (though quite pricey) and were able to take over the bar area to watch the football. Again very attentive service from the staff throughout.

The rooms were generally well equipped and appropriate to the age of the property (I don't think rooms that are too fresh and modern would suit it). No complaints here whatsoever.

On the wedding day itself I must first mention that we opted not to pay the £250 odd for an MC. This turned out to be a great decision. Nigel the coordinator for the evening was incredible. He went above and beyond expectations and was attentive to my wife and I's every need. He planned everything to perfection and delivered with professionalism and humour. Newton park should be proud of this member of their team - a true gem. The food and service was fantastic and the day was amazing. I highly recommend if ever you are thinking of a venue for a wedding - particularly at Christmas time!

In summary, 5 stars does reflect the quality of the venue, however this does not reflect the quality of the service from staff. They give the place something that cannot be bought - excellence! Thank you very much.

Mr and Mrs Williams

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Dan221184
hotelmanagerBurton, General Manager at Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post this review. It gives the team and myself great pleasure in reading such reviews. I will pass your thanks on specifically to Nigel and James, and, of course the rest of the team. Happy New Year and I hope it won't be long before we welcome you back to the Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton Solney
Riverside Hotel
Riverside Hotel
#1 of 1 in Branston
Premier Inn Burton On Trent East Hotel
Premier Inn Burton On Trent East...
#8 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge
#9 of 11 in Burton upon Trent

Been to Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park? Share your experiences!