“great refurbishment. a pity the staff have not been trained.”
Review of The Green Dragon

The Green Dragon
Ranked #41 of 101 Restaurants in Leek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

my wife and i often use wetherspoons and were looking forward to visiting this new venture in leek. the food was reasonably ok but a medium steak was served almost rare and the mixed grill had been left under the heat lamps. however it was acceptable and tasty. what was obvious was that the staff had no idea what they were doing. one waitress found it difficult to find the correct tables and the party of five on the next table to us asked four times for an extra plate and each time they asked the waiter acknowledged their request as if it was the first time he had been asked. "perhaps he was a sausage short of a barbie" you need to get your act together asap, people vote with their feet. will leave it a few weeks before trying again. the ultimate responsibility is down to the manager, perhaps he or she is not on the ball.

1  Thank rod u
There are newer reviews for The Green Dragon

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I visited this new pub on my way back through Leek, popping in for a quick lunch. The pub was extremely busy, but service was speedy, and the staff seem pretty jolly! My chicken wrap was hot and tasty, and came with a free Pepsi. Bargain meal in a pub with a good atmosphere, ill be back!

2  Thank katie-uk-1987
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We came here for a bit of lunch because we knew that Wetherspoons was quite cheap and nice food and that was just what we got. The food was excellent, really nice and crispy chips and they did amazing burgers. Nicely decorated inside, we did not use the oudoor seating so we do not know about that. It was very busy and we only just got a table. Althought the food was it took about 40 minutes to come. Overall, very nice pub

2  Thank dnp1972
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were recommended to go the newly furnished Green Dragon by a friend in Leek. Knowing it was a Wetherspoons we were a little apprehensive to go and were expecting a standard lunch. Well we were in for a pleasant surprise. This just has the look and feel of a lovely country but modern pub!

The pub has fully being refurnished with large armchairs and padded seats. Also the toilets were huge! (I'm not one to comment on these) but the ladies toilets were lovely. So clean and you had 3 separate rooms. One make up room, a washroom and finally where the toilet cubicles were. They had literally thought of everything when modernising the place.

The menu has been revamped with quirky little quotes and categorised into different dishes. My partner and I opted for a Crabbies Ginger Beer and for our lunch, I had lasagne with garlic Bread and a side and salad whereas he chose the large cod fish and chips (with mushy peas). I have to say the wait for food was not bad at all and whilst we waited we caught sight of other people's dishes which looked appetising (to say the least!)

We were both overjoyed at how the food was presented, not your typical greasy-spoon wether! We each had a blue willow pattern plate and my salad was served in a ceramic bowl filled with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and came with a pot of Caesar salad sauce. My lasagne was filled with meat and was really tasty. My partner's fish was cooked to perfection, plenty of meat and the batter was just like any good chip shop's.

By this point we were stuffed so didn't go for a dessert. However we will definitely be returning :D

**The refurb is brilliant**
**Bar staff really friendly**
**Made to feel welcome**

2  Thank Sam W
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Bit apprehensive about this place after reading reviews. We went at 5.30 on a Friday evening, 2 kids 4 adults. Really nice inside, lots of places to sit and chill. Varied menu, usual pub fare, cheap prices. Food came in a reasonable amount of time and was what we expected of a pub chain, hot and actually quite nice. Fish and chips a bargain. Kids meals were good size and both plates were cleared! Apple crumble to follow with custard, custard particularly nice, you could see the vanilla seeds in it. Overall a decent addition to the pubs in Leek

3  Thank Cjburnett