“Regular Customer?”

Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Going to the same place week after week to some people may seem boring to some, HOWEVER my friend and myself always enjoy our experience when going in every friday. I have always found it a unique experience that you only receive if you go to a local, family run business. It has a quirky feel to it that i have never had a bad meal there, as i go before a dance lesson it sees me through right until the end of the evening as a good meal should, the cleanliness is outstanding and all of the staff are extremely welcoming and friendly which adds to the whole experience. As part of Leek's Totally locally scheme also they use local suppliers again a big plus point. The desserts are absolutely amazing and the theme and general atmosphere of the place is unique and adorable! I always recommend the Blue plate to my friends and family if they are looking for a lunchtime meal which is good quality and an overall enjoyable experience. I will look forward to seeing all the staff again this coming friday!

1  Thank Katy M
There are newer reviews for The Blue Plate

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I live in Birmingham but often travel back to leek as its my home town, on my last trip I visited the blue plate due to all the amazing reviews, I was quite disappointed only two tables so it was more of a take away! The food was average but it felt like I was sitting in a take away shop not a cafe, not as good as other cafes in the area!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

After reading the reviews i was expecting some quality food but i was a little dissapointed after having the crepes. The filling was ok but not very generous & in my opinion they were a little mushy. Overall a quaint little cafe but i wouldn't have the crepes again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

After seeing such great reviews i was excited to visit The Blue Plate. Unfortunately i was disappointed, by 12.30 they had already ran out of jacket potatoes, so instead i went straight to my dessert and had a crêpe, and it wasn't anything better than i could whip up at home, it was soggy, the strawberries were small and instead of fresh cream it was whipped, not great and overall it didn't meet expectations.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I am a regular visitor to The Blue Plate. Cosy, comfortable and welcoming. Good tea and super toast, supplemented by generous supply of sugar and butter! Sad to say the lovely Jade is leaving for pastures new, she will be missed, but I will return.

1  Thank John G