“Charming little cafe with great value tasty food”
Review of The Blue Plate - CLOSED

The Blue Plate
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Visited this small cafe on a very cold and snowy Friday lunchtime a couple of weeks ago looking for some comfort food out of the cold and we were not disappointed. There are only a few tables inside looking out onto the quaint Sheepmarket. I had a tasty pea soup and a very delicious Croque Madame. Lots of interesting looking crepes on the menu too. Service was friendly and despite being small, the inside of the cafe is tasteful and with infinitely more charm & character than most high street coffee houses can offer. One of the best places to grab lunch in Leek town centre.

2  Thank Mbexknrg

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is my favourite cafe in Leek. They are the only place in Leek that does crepes and their milkshakes are really nice too. :)

2  Thank jkenneth1992
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had heard good things about the Blue Plate and so was looking forward to trying it for myself. I was not disappointed - the staff are friendly, the décor is very attractive and the whole experience was a very good one.

The food is lovely - all fresh, tasty and good-sized portions. The soups are absolutely delicious and there are so many treats for you to try that you really are spoilt for choice! The value for money was a pleasant surprise as well.

There are limited tables available inside but additional seating outside. I think if I lived nearer I would find an excuse to drop in there every day...

3  Thank Cuttlefish_9
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have visited The Blue Plate on two occasions and both times have left me wanting more...if only I could have fitted more of the generous portions in!
The menu is vast, so whether you fancy a quick cake and coffee, want to indulge in a crêpe and one of the many savoury or sweet fillings, or need a hearty lunch, you will find something that's just right. The service is friendly and efficient and the décor and surroundings of The Blue Plate, and the street itself, are beautiful. The prices are very reasonable, which is a welcome surprise that does not often come with such fantastic quality food.
If I was to recommend anything, it would have to be the Croque Monsieur, washed down with an Oreo milkshake and a slice of carrot cake - delicious! Although, I will be sampling something different next time, as I'm sure everything will be just as tasty.
If you are visiting Leek, you should definitely visit The Blue Plate, you will not be disappointed!

2  Thank LaurBea
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Enjoyed a superb lunch which was well prepared and beautifully presented. Welcoming and helpful staff - the trouble is just what to choose - everything looks so delicious! My daughter raved over the milkshakes and crepes - and she is somewhat of an expert on these matters. And then there are the cakes and ice cream mmm.......

2  Thank Sjbrindley