“Best meal in a very long time!”
Review of The Roebuck

The Roebuck
Ranked #42 of 100 Restaurants in Leek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Part of the local Titanic Brewery, The Roebuck offers a range of 10 cask ales, 5 premium lagers, and a selection of wines over 2 bars. Food is locally sourced and all home made, and is served 7 days a week. Our menus are changed regularly offering contemporary British food and some pub classics! Our chefs carefully design each menu creating something unique to follow the seasons.
Leek, United Kingdom
“Best meal in a very long time!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

No apologies for my second review of The Roebuck but on Saturday night my partner and I had a superb meal in a great atmosphere at a very reasonable price.Our steaks were cooked to perfection and accompanied by delicious home made chips,onion rings, mushrooms, tomatoes and a salad!and a scrumptious peppercorn sauce at no extra cost.At 12.95 this is undoubtably exceptional value for superb locally produced food!"Leek has an abundance of good eateries but The Roebuck gets our vote!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank GaryStorer1962

Bridgend
“Good food, would visit again”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Found the Roebuck on the Main Street in Leek. Good selection of bar meals, opted for the lighter plough mans lunch option, thoroughly enjoyed it, also a great selection of real ales there.

Would make for this place if again in the area, especially if I was in a position to sample the great selection of ales.

Visited May 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Good food, bad service.”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I visited the Roebuck earlier today with my partner, mother in law and very pregnant sister in law. We enjoyed a tasty, reasonably priced and portioned meal. The waitress was polite and attentive. We spent a few hours both inside and also in the beer garden, frequently buying drinks. My partner was drinking a german bottled beer at £4 a bottle. "Nick B" one of the bar staff seemed to be asking a lot of questions regarding where my partner had left his empty glass (which matched the beer he had been drinking). He later returned asking again where he had left his glass,we explained that it had been left in the beer garden. 'Nick' then replied "oh" and explained 'because youre the only chap drinking erdinger and 3 glasses are missing'. We assured the member of staff that we were unaware of what had happened, at this point my mother in law offered that he could check our bags. 'Nick' did not respond to this and just walked away. All somewhat shocked at the accusatory, aloof nature of this member of staff we returned to the beer garden, where one of the glasses remained where it had been left. My partner returned this to the bar. Upon ordering his next beer,he returned the glass he had previous used, this was snatched away, put under the bar and his next beer was served in a bitter glass, my partner who is more good natured than myself paid for the drink and did not question this. If i want to be picky, which i do, i might add the ladies toilets are in desperate need of some attention. Two out of three toilet seats were hanging off and the hand washing area was in darkness. Feeling embarrassed and offended we then moved on to another pub which was a whole different experience.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank fizzybuble86
“Lovely place to visit... Massive range of drinks of all varieties... Will be back again soon!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was Friday last week that me and a few friends decided it was about time to catch up and have a few drinks together and a jolly good chat. Being that we haven't seen each other in months it was apparent that we should make a trip of it and travel to leek for such an occasion. Being originally from the general local area titanic brewery and chain of well run and established pubs are quite known to us all. It was made aware to friends who now live in leek that the roe-buck, a titanic pub, is a very nice place to convene and socialise, we were informed it is always bustling, the staff are always smiling and if you want somewhere to go for a jolly good pint and a range of them too.. This was the place to go. So why not? On arrival, quite early on in the evening, we were surprised by how many people were already there, it was busy, a really nice buzz about the place and what hit me was the, as per normal in a titanic pub, massive range of ales, lagers, ciders but also spirits and whiskeys!!! I quickly tucked into a pint of plum porter and we had a really nice evening. They have a vast range of things to drink and so wasn't a problem being entertained all night. Like others had said, the staff seemed to love it, with smiles on every one of them, it got busier and busier throughout the night, the pints were cheap and tasted delicious. All in all it's a great place to pop into, and definitely one I'd recommend if your looking for a decent place to visit in leek! Whoever manages this place must be doing something right... We shall definitely be back again!!

• Visited April 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

It was our first visit and we found it to be a really nice pub with a vibrant atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and there was an excellent selection of titanic beers. We will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013
The_Roebuck_Leek, General Manager at The Roebuck, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello Alex, Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, i'm pleased you had a good experience and enjoyed our beers. Keep an eye out for the guest ales and we hope to see you again soon.

Nick