“Wonderful stay”
Review of Prospect House

Prospect House
Ranked #9 of 18 Leek B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed for four nights in September 2013. My parents had the very spacious room 1 with a wonderfully comfortable bed, and I stayed with my daughter in room 3, also a good size and opens onto a lovely courtyard. The owners are the most wonderful hosts and really went out of their way to make our stay very relaxing. Breakfast was excellent and always served with a smile, and a highchair (spotlessly clean, as was everything) was provided for my daughter. We were sorry to leave at the end of our stay, and wouldn't hesitate to come again next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Room 3 very easy access for young children and pushchairs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights over the late May bank holiday. The room was delightful with an extremely comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent and we were wonderfully looked after. We were looking for somewhere to have dinner on the first evening and they rang round for us to find a pub serving dinner.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank timhbr
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We came here as a family following a late change to our post-Christmas plans, due to flooding elsewhere. After hours of searching for somewhere to stay I found the rooms we needed at Prospect House. It was damp and chilly outside during our stay, but Prospect House was warm, comfortable and very, very peaceful. Rooms were well equipped, the conversion of the old coach house making good use of the space available. The bathroom was on the small side but perfectly adequate; the bedrooms were spacious (especially 1 & 3, but do tread gently if in room 1 - our children below us in room 3 told us we were stomping!). Being in the depths of winter, it was lovely to have dvds available for use in each room, along with a good selection in the residents' lounge too. Breakfast was simply excellent. Prospect House was certainly an excellent place to stay...but what turned it into the perfect place was the owners. They were perfect hosts and an inspirational family. Look for Tillys-house on blogspot to see why. We felt quite sad to leave after our 3 night stay. We had never visited north Staffordshire before, but the thought of staying at Prospect House again would gladly take us back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Neil S
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding and are so pleased by our choice. A lovely warm friendly welcome, comfortable spacious room and a really lovely home cooked breakfast - highly recommended and we would not hesitate to come back. Thanks very much

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuzeCJ
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I usually try and stay at a Premier Inn on my travels, but two years back I stumbled upon this charming B&B and now on 20th & 21st July 2012 I had my fourth stay.
All rooms have LCD TV with Freeview, tea & coffee etc, all the comforts you would hope for and FREE wifi. The breakfast is by far the best in town bar none. In fact I would be prepared to bet that there is no finer cooked breakfast in Staffordshire. If you have the cash then I suggest you book an evening meal, because the owner of Prospect House is not a cook, he is in fact a French Trained Chef on par with Marco Pierre White and his friend Gordon Ramsay. I kid you not.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Scoutthedoggie
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I was born locally so know the area very well and have recently moved back to Stoke On Trent. I suppose I must have stayed here about 12 times over the last 10 or so years and just noticed that reviews are available for the property. It was ideal for visits to nearby Leek to see friends on my sorties from Essex, and I stayed here as recently as two weeks ago.

So what to say?.......Well the place is owned and run by Rolfe and Jackie. Two excellent hosts with a warm welcome always,and a friendly ear.
The accomodation itself is 5 self contained en suite rooms of varying occupancy in a converted coach house to the rear of the main house. I've always found these to be comfortable and spotlessly clean, with the usual kit including tv, trouser press, tea and coffe facilities and comfy beds. Two of the rooms are on the first floor with the rest on the ground floor. There is also a TV/Reading room with SKY/Books/Games etc.

There is also a small garden for sitting out, weather permitting

The brakfast room adjoins the main house with ample seating and Rolfe will knock you up a respectable full-english, plus there are other selections to suit varying tastes.

The area itself?...........................Eqidistant from Leek or the Potteries, about six miles each way and the bus stops right outside. There are also a couple of pubs within about a mile walk.

Of course, no stop here would be complete without visiting the wonderful Staffordshire Moorlands, and I would strongly recommend the Manifold Valley(My favourite place in the whole universe)/Wetton/Hartington and Buxton and the surrounding area.

There are at least half a dozen places to stay in the old mill town of Leek, but you will generally pay at least two or three times the rate of Prospect House and none of the accomodation or service will be better.

In closing..............All there is to say is that this is a great little B&B.........Hopefully back soon!

Room Tip: Number 4 ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends