WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Pabna

The Pabna
Ranked #8 of 95 Restaurants in Leek
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: West Midlands Best Restaurant 2013,2014 and 2015- English Curry Awards
Buxton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, brilliant service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We regulary have takeaways from here and decided one night to eat in the resturant instead. It was lovely, staff very helpful, always noticed when we need an extra drink! fast service and very presentable food. would definately go again and recommend anyone try here.

• Visited October 2012

Leek
“Excellent consistency is everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Simply the best "Indian" restaurant in town. The food is always consistantly excellent, choices exceptional and just ask if you want any dish explained and then 'tweaked' to your spice level.
Having used the Pabna for many years the latest plus point is availability for home delivery, and having broken my ankle in August it's really come into its own...even living 8 miles away it's only a couple of quid to get my favourite food delivered to my door. Keep up the good work lads!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Why do they do that?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were the first couple in the restaurant the other evening and they sat us at a nice quite table in the corner. A couple and their child arrived shortly after and the staff showed them to the table right next to us. A third couple arrived as we were part-way through our meal and - yes, you've guessed - they were placed right next to us too!!! So, in the whole restaurant - which has several rooms and many tables - the three occupied tables were all next to each other. I know this is easier for the staff but it spoiled our evening - as we couldn't talk without being overheard and we had to put up with other people's domestics. Everything else was very good, but the waiter's excuse that "we could have sat wherever we wanted to" was no help (as we were the first there) and even though we now have the 25% discount card (which you can't use on the visit when you first get the card) we probably won't return. Shame, but I like the staff to think about the customer, not how far they have to walk.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ngalton2
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went here to get take away while on holiday in the area. Really friendly staff. My boyfriend said that his chicken korma was a bit bland ( but what do you expect from a korma!! ) but my chicken tikka bhuna was delicious as was the naan and onion bhaji. I would certainly go back. Boyfriend is not so sure but I'm writing the review and I would!!!!

• Visited September 2012
Pomeroy, United Kingdom
“Evening with Mum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Took my mother who is 85 and my sister here. I pulled up outside in order to allow my mother to have no distance to walk. The staff where out in a flash to assist. We had only main courses but great choice and value, service was excellent and the staff friendly. We had a great laugh and you could see that the staff where enjoying our evening as much as we did. Do try any of the dishes, the lamb that we had was superb.