“Charming”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“Charming”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

After visiting Leek today and going for lunch at this lovely place, I would like to highly recommend it. The staff are lovely, especially Diane & Dan. The food was without fault and very good value. Thank you for making to a lovely experience :)

Leek, United Kingdom
“Great improvement!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

After being a regular visitor to this restaurant my last review was not complimentary following the makeover from Fat olives to Getliffes.
I decided to try lunch again this week and I must say that any teething problems appear to have been overcome and Getliffes is now back on form!!
I had the most fabulous chili and garlic prawns with salad and ciabatta and my mums fish and chips was top class. Portions were very generous.
The service was excellent ...Nothing was too much trouble ....thank you Dianne!
All in all a great lunch!

Leek, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simon and Diane thank you”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Getliffes has a great menu tapas is value for money .
I would like to say how nice Diane is she's so help full and mature she looks after the younger staff this is so nice to see such a nice lady.
And Simon is great he makes the best none alcoholic cocktails I've ever had.
Simon and Diane your great you both work well as a team.
Getliffes is value for money thank you

Leek, England, United Kingdom
“Thank you Simon and Diane”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've just enjoyed a lovely "tea-break" in the beautiful courtyard at Getliffe's with two friends. As always a very warm welcome from Simon and Diane and great service with a smile and a kind word. What more could you ask for.

England
“Impressed”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was really impressed with Getliffe's- now marketing itself as a wine bar and restaurant. There is a good selection of wines, several of which available by the glass as well as by the bottle.

We hadn't booked in advance, and the waiter informed us there would be a wait of 20-30 minutes for food, and asked if that would be ok. We generally expect at least 20 minutes for freshly cooked food, and although I didn't keep an eye on the time I'm sure it wasn't much over 20 minutes.

The menu all looks delicious, with a good selection of traditional type dishes, as well as more contemporary options, and we opted for a meat platter for two, consisting of cajun beef strips, chicken kiev, strips of duck, and absolutely fantastic, succulent chicken wings, as well as a salad and paprika chips. It's a little more pricey than most of the normal dishes, but we were so full we couldn't manage a pudding.

We have friends and family visiting throughout the summer, and its great to have a new option that offers contemporary, quality dining.

The service was faultless, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this.