“Superb.”

Ranked #6 of 101 Restaurants in Leek
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi, Street Food
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Multi Award winning Restaurant - Voted Top 10 in the UK, best in West Midlands, best in Staffordshire, voted for by the public, voted for by celebrities, MP's and diplomats and also by other chefs within the industry as being one of the finest establishments in the country.Qarma is a restaurant situated in an old mill. It is hidden from general view - the advantage being it is the only restaurant in Leek with it'sown car parking.Inside - we have seating capacity for 170 people. We have a lounge area that seats approximately 40people for you to peruse the menu before odering or relax with a cup of chai after your meal.We also cater for people with physical disabilities - not like others!
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We went on a thursday night and had not booked in advance, but we were welcomed by the front of house staff and settled down to a drink while we browsed the menu before being shown to our table. The chef came out and spoke to everyone personally who was waiting, which we thought was very nice. We were quickly shown to our table and the food seemed to arrive quite soon. The waiter was eager to answer our questions about the dishes on the menu. The food was superb and while eating, the chef again came around the restaurant and spoke to everyone. In conclusion, excellent food, excellent service and really pleasant and relaxing surroundings in the old mill. We have been before and will most certainly be going again.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Usually this is a super place with excellent food, however the last time we visited the portions had definitely gone smaller, had to hunt for the chicken in my meal, having said that the food still tasted good!!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had a table booked for 6 of us on Saturday 1st march, after reading such good reviews I was really looking forward a meal here. When I arrived it was utterly chaotic!! The seating area and bar was packed I waited at the bar for 15minutes to get a drink whilst one of the other girls waited in a long que to let them know that we had arrived and had a booking.
I ordered a large glass of red wine which was a reasonable £3, yet my friend had previously ordered a small glass of rose which was £3????
Incidently the bar was a covered in slips of paper with drinks orders on them.
There were no wine glasses available so I had to wait for my drink whilst glasses were washed, 45 minutes into my visit still no drink or table for us, so one of the girls ran across to the restaurant across the road to see if they could fit us in, which they could and off we went!
After working in food & beverage since I was 15, I fully appreciate weekends can be busy especially for an establishment that can turn over 140 covers in one night, however customer service should not suffer as a result of this and if it is such a busy place then employ more staff and give each staff member a specific job to do, introduce some calm by having someone meeting and greeting, at least 3 were needed on the bar to cope with the level of customers.
Such a shame we didn't get to sample the menu, but I won't be going back.

QarmaLeek, Owner at Qarma, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Hi Angela, Appreciate the feedback - and I hold my hands up and agree, Saturday was definitely chaotic. I can explain this due to having 3 members of staff letting us down on the day and not turning up - however that is not your problem and I can only apologise for the service you received - and hope you reconsider visiting us. I tried all I could do make it easier, such as not accepting take-aways and turned away over 40 people - but it was a tremendously busy night I have plans in place to rectify the situation. From the amount of people you saw there on Saturday hope proves that we are a restaurant that is held in the highest regard - that is why we were full and others were not - and hope this 1 mistake does not taint your impression of us - and give us another chance.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We tried Qarma because it was recommended to us by a work colleague.

I was very happy with the food on offer and wouldn't hesitate to try it again.... and again... oh and again.

Its different to your standard 'Indian' in as much as the specialise in Bangladeshi cuisine.

We all tried a dish we'd never had before - I had a crab curry starter, followed by a minced Prawn 'meatball' in a Bangladeshi sauce and I have to say it was divine.

The staff were attentive and polite and not to intrusive, which is the way I like it.

Had a chat to the owner on the way out and he was extremely friendly.

If you are in or around Leek anytime soon then give it a go - you won't be disappointed.

QarmaLeek, Owner at Qarma, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

I appreciate your feedback and really pleased you enjoyed your meal. We hope to recieve your custom again soon and hopefully if not exceed we will try and match your previous experience. Thanks again for taking the time and effort to review us.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Another great meal. Excellent food, service, setting and always a pleasant experience. Can't wait for my next visit. Keep it up!

QarmaLeek, Owner at Qarma, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014