“Great atmosphere!”

Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Leek
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi, Street Food
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Multi Award winning Restaurant - Voted Top 10 in the UK, best in West Midlands, best in Staffordshire, voted for by the public, voted for by celebrities, MP's and diplomats and also by other chefs within the industry as being one of the finest establishments in the country.Qarma is a restaurant situated in an old mill. It is hidden from general view - the advantage being it is the only restaurant in Leek with it'sown car parking.Inside - we have seating capacity for 170 people. We have a lounge area that seats approximately 40people for you to peruse the menu before odering or relax with a cup of chai after your meal.We also cater for people with physical disabilities - not like others!
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been coming here ever since it opened and never had a bad meal. The staff are very attentitive and always give you a warm welcome and goodbye (with a rose to the ladies - a lovely touch!) The curries are hotter here than in some curry houses in Leek which I personally love! However, you can choose the the strength of any dish. There is a lot of different dishes to choose from including plenty of sides and you are sometimes spoilled for choice! The atmosphere is fantastic - very interesting decor and a working piano in the corner. The staff are very friendly and always offer a drink on the house at the end of a meal, which again with the rose is a lovely touch. I definitely recommend.

QarmaLeek, Owner at Qarma, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thanks for the review - we appreciate all feedback and I hope we continue to provide you with the service and food we want and what you want to enjoy!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have eaten here ever since it opened. Some very good original dishes along with the ususl. The Lamb Massur is really good and the service is excellent. our last visit only spoilt by the lack of Indian sweets available.

QarmaLeek, Owner at Qarma, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for your continued support - and will make sure the guys make the fresh desserts every day to ensure we do not run out again!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Second review, visited yesterday evening with friends. Table was reserved for 8pm and the bar reception area was fairly empty and slumped down into a very low leather settee and waited and waited.
Staff seemed busy but didn't appear co-ordinated, there was a sense of not quite being in control, no one taking charge of welcoming guests, taking their coats, presenting menus, taking a drinks order.
I had to ask to see the full menu not just a condensed 4 sided cardboard copy that was 'shoved' in my hand.
I had to ask if a waiter would take my group's order.
I had to ask how our starters were coming along having waited a substantial amount of time (the waiter didn't come back to me to give us a progress check), so we just sat at our table waiting longer and longer.
Our wine was just deposited on the table along with 4 non matching glasses, not opened, not invited to sample, just left to our own device.
My starter plate was chipped on the side.
An explanation, a little apology for a long delay is the order of the day. We finally ate our main course 2 hours after arriving.
BUT IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS, ALL THE POINTS I'VE MENTIONED ABOVE THAT MAKE THE EVENING.
I appreciate the restaurant is busy, it's popular, the food is lovely. No question of it.
It's the attention to detail that let's you down.
You need a good Maitre D to drive front house forward, to get staff co-ordinated, to ensure that each and every guest that comes through your door is confident that you're totally customer focussed.
You're still too manic for me, it was chaotic.
I look forward to your response to my constructive criticsm.
I hope my 3rd visit takes on board some if not all my points.
I shall come back, if only for your delightful food.
If the restaurant experience was as good as your food, you'd be sensational.

QarmaLeek, Owner at Qarma, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your second review. I am very disappointed in the level of service you have received - everything you have mentioned are my pet hates - particularly where service is concerned - and surprised as we pride ourselves on the service I ask my staff to try and provide - I will personally look into re-iterating my message to the staff to ensure we are absolutely gunning for the best possible service - I know we are absolutely flat out on Fridays and Saturdays with over 120 people normally dining within an hour period - however this is not an acceptable excuse and for that i can only apologise.

The 4 page card menu is issued when we have run out of the larger print menus (we have 60 of these) - however this hsould have been explained to you

I am hoping it is going to be 3rd time lucky!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Been several times and enjoyed each meal , hence the return. Last went on Friday 1st Feb for a family meal for my birthday the following day. Although it was a Friday night and quite busy we didn't have to wait long between courses and all the food was hot and delicious. Each time it is hard to choose from the extensive menu but we have never been disappointed with our choices.
We always find it good value for money and the staff very friendly. The only criticism is on a cold night the restaurant can be cold, but remember it is located in a old mill so the area is quite big. We will be back in March for the son's birthday meal with more of the family.

QarmaLeek, Owner at Qarma, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you very much for the review - and appreciate the feedback. We do have a consistent comment from the "early birds" - where the restaurant feels (and is cold) early on - with the size of the building we are trying different things to ensure the restaurant is as comfortable as possible - with the timer on from early on - the restaurant does take an age to heat up - and for that i can only apologise. We are restricted to what we can do to buildings / windows because of the listed status of the property - we are genuinely investigating what other avenues we can look into (apart from serving a vindaloo to get everyones temperature up! ;) )

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Thought I would write a review for the quarma in leek. I went here over Xmas with friends I don't normally choose Indian for a meal out but we was on a Xmas party. I must say I did enjoy the overall meal and like the special touch of the chef coming out at the end to ask if we enjoyed our meal and a flower on leaving. Will go back when I next would like a Indian meal. Well done to all.

1  Thank daisylo
QarmaLeek, Owner at Qarma, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again and will continually strive to improve