“Will be returning again soon”
Review of Primo Piano

Primo Piano
Ranked #8 of 101 Restaurants in Leek
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Primarily an Italian restaurant , but with a wide ranging menu including pizzas, pastas, steaks, chicken, fish and daily specials. We are family friendly. We also cater for special diets , allergies and have a wide 'gluten free' range.
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The only negative we have is that you feel cramped when sat at your table. The restaurant serves brilliant food and therefore it is often busy.
There were two other couples that we went with, all of us have been before and we all said we would return.
We like how you can have a pasta dish what you can have as main course as a starter. Allows you to then have one of their great steaks as a main!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Solo visit on business trip. Great selection of delicious food and excellent service in pleasant surroundings. Fully booked on a Monday & Tuesday must say something! Only criticism is that very little effort would improve authenticity - crusty bread instead of English thin slice, table linen & warmth for a head waiter.

1  Thank CRM010
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We went to Primo Piano in Leek for a birthday meal for a lady at work. I have been before about fifteen years ago and it was exactly the same decor! The menu is quite expensive if you go for anything other than pasta or pizza. The service was a bit slow although there was there or four serving staff on. I ordered a stuffed mushroom starter as did two others one came with a lovely salad garnish with olives whereas mine and another arrived looking a bit sad with no olives. My main was a pasta and meatball dish, the pasta was cold so was taken away to be pinged, the meatballs were ok and the sauce was very basic, in short nothing special. Bit of a disappointment really.

2  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went tonight for my birthday on a recommend.
I like Leek as a historic market town and this little gem hidden just off St Edwards Street lived up to it.
As it was my birthday i went for the rather expensive Tornados Rosssini (Fillet steak) and it was well worth it.
The party with me bar one were vegetarians so they went with the Pizza's
One went with the plain Margarita and others went with the Calzone (folded over Pizza)
All were very happpy.
The other meat eater went for the meat ball Calzone which when arrived, I wished I had ordered it as it was £10 cheaper than mine :-)
The restaurant itself is lovely,very authentic and as I've been to Italy it compared very well.
The staff were great, always available but never in your face
The beer deserves a mention (wienstaiger) something like that was the best Lager I'ver ever tasted and not over priced, well it is because beer should be no more than a pound a pint :-) but on par with pubs .
All in all I would recommend this resto as great location,great food,lovely staff.
Will be back soon
P.S Nice little pub next door for pre drinks (Black Swan)
Bon Apetite

2  Thank Steve-and-Nikki
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here for the first time around a year ago, nice little restaurant , and the food was to a high standard, not very many nice italian restaurants in the stoke area but this is probably the best one i have been to, will be going back. Only grumble-small venue , so when busy feels not very well spaced out.