“Great Hotel Rudyard”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Leek
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel Rudyard”
Reviewed October 4, 2008

I stay at Hotel Rudyard on a regular basis (3 or 4 times a month sometimes for 2 or 3 nights at a time), as I have business in the surrounding towns and was quite astonished by the previous review, I have stayed over the years in all of the rooms and excluding room 6 (which is quite small and only has a frosted window) I have never encountered any serious problems, the rooms are always clean, well presented and on the one occasion when I required some more milk I went and asked for extra and was given enough to last me a week. The hotel is set in an area of outstanding natural beauty, and may seem remote to some but to me is heaven as i live in a busy city. I always find the staff more than helpful and on many occasions have been given a packed breakfast if Ihave been leaving very early, and on one occasion the owner gave me a lift to congleton as my car would not start. I eat at the hotel on a regular basis and have never had cause to return or critize the food, it may not be al-a-carte but there is always plenty of it, and the carvery meats are always exceptional. I have always recommended the hotel to my friends and business collegues and have been joined on many occasions by business aquaintences for informal meetings, and have one one occasion hired out the ballroom for a small conference/training session.

In my opinion its a great place to stay.

• Liked — Cleanliness, locality and friendly staff and owners
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed September 28, 2008

Hotel Rudyard,
What a disaster, we arrived at the hotel we got our key to the room and it was quite a shock the ceiling had a massive damp patch and the wall did as well, the on suite bathroom looked quite nice apart from a piece of cheap laminate flooring missing and the edges were raised where the damp must of lifted the edges, the bed was a 4 poster, might add was cheap, shoddy and nasty. The mattress needed throwing as it was hard and all the springs could be felt, the sheets were not the cleanest ones I had seen, the cheap nasty bedroom furniture was falling apart and the knobs fell off the wardrobe as you tried to open it, the radiator in the bathroom was on but only for about an hour the one in the bedroom did not work at all but worse was to come. The complementary coffee was all decaf but only 4 of them, there was only 4 teabags, no biscuits not much to complain about, no drinking glasses. The Jacuzzi was going to be a treat for my wife and it did work, although one of the knobs fell off and did not work but the nozzles were really useless as they did not all work, but while we were in the Jacuzzi we kept hearing gurgling noises and the shock came apparent when we let the water out, it did drain off but it came up into the sink and also the Bidet and toilet urrg . When the Jacuzzi had drained I noticed all brown bits, brown flakes and little brown blobs in it, my wife was almost physically sick, if you ran the tap on the sink it started to fill the Jacuzzi, so out of curiosity I ran the taps on the bidet, Yes same effect it started to fill the Jacuzzi with more brown stuff although when you flushed the toilet it didn’t, but the toilet did not have a good flush luckily enough, the room was damp, as soon as we came home my wife ran our bath and had a real good scrub in hibiscub from the chemist, then she washed the bath out and had another bath just to be sure. This was supposed to be the other bridal suite room number 3, my wife’s sister had pubic hair in her sink in her room and could do nothing else except heave and could not physically remove it, the bunks were dangerous and her son had to sleep on the bottom bunk but at least her bed was comfortable, room 10, but at least her room had an ashtray as it was a smoking room.
I will never go and stay again and will definitely not eat here ever as the food was not special the soup was packet soup the service was slow and lacklustre the bar staff kept going missing as they doubled up as serving staff, my recommendation don’t go, disgusting especially for the prices they charge.

• Liked — Coming home to have a good scrub
  • Disliked — actually staying there
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
8 Thank happycouplestoke

Travelers are raving about these Leek hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leek
Three Horseshoes Country Inn & Spa
Premier Inn Leek Town Centre Hotel
BEST WESTERN Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
The Izaak Walton Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
The Alexandra Court Hotel
The Alexandra Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Congleton

Been to Hotel Rudyard? Share your experiences!