“great value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peak Weavers Rooms & Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leek
Peak Weavers Rooms & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 17 Leek B&B and Inns
Warrington, United Kingdom
“great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

The Peak Weaver Hotel was a friendly and welcoming place to spend a weekend.
The standard of accommodation and full english breakfast was above value for money. The owners Nick and Emma were very friendly and knowledgeable of the surrounding area and attractions.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ROBERT J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I spent a night at Peak Weavers to break a long journey. My room was very clean and comfortable and very tastefully decorated. The staff were helpful and friendly giving me a good idea of what might be of interest to me during my stay. Breakfast was very good, especially nice sausages!

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank EmShore
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have stayed at Peak Weavers on business on 3 separate occasions. On each occasion I was well received despite arriving late on some occasions. i was especially impressed with the food - high restaurant standards (at a surprisingly good rate). Bedrooms were generally spacious and well decorated and clean. On one occasion I booked late and was told in advance that the only room available was small. It was, but this was fine as I was fore warned.

The staff have always been friendly and always have time for small talk. I would highly recommend Peak Weavers to business travellers and tourists alike.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs, so ask for a first floor room if your legs ain't what they used to be. Rooms ran...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank F J
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

I was visiting friends in the area and I SHOULD have let them make the arrangements of where I would stay but didn’t want to trouble them. The website made the B&B/restaurant look charming; in reality it is sterile and devoid of personality. When I arrived the place was practically empty. Getting to the parking lot is somewhat challenging as you have to drive down a side alley with cars parked on both sides of the street. If someone is coming from the opposite direction heaven help you. The lot itself had plenty of room for cars. An employee who was barely interested in my arrival showed me to a room on the top floor, up a narrow, dark staircase, bypassing many empty rooms. The room I stayed in was okay, nothing special or horrible. The lighting left much to be desired, as it was very dim at night, not even bright enough to read by! The place felt very empty but on the plus side it was also very quiet. Breakfast the next morning was a bit sad. The room is large but with only one other person in there, no music playing, and no real interaction with the staff, I pretty much ate and ran. The food itself was blah, I did grab a banana for the road, but no luck getting a refill on my coffee. What makes it worse it was the most expensive place I stayed the entire 14 day trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor! The higher you go the steeper the stair cases get and the less light to see...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank LadyZady
Stansted, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

A lovely welcome from the friendly, helpful hosts began our delightful 2 night stay in this beautifully restored house. Spotlessly clean, & really comfortable bed. Nice & quiet, no traffic noise, & a well-prepared breakfast. We were attending a wedding nearby, & staying here added extra enjoyment to a great weekend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sue60
United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

The first mistake the proprietors of this place made was choosing a URL that included the word "hotel". It is not run like a hotel and they have set themselves up to fail visitors' expectations.

When I booked the room, [about a week before arriving] I also booked dinner on the first evening and sherry-tasting on the second. Dinner was not available on the second evening, so I was prepared to go out to look for something else. I had to pre-pay for the sherry-tasting with the local wine shop.

A couple of hours before I was due to arrive, I telephoned the Peak Weavers to check the time dinner was going to be served [I was in plenty of time].

I was told there would be no dinner that night [due to one of the manager's children being ill] and that there would be neither the sherry-tasting I'd already paid for nor any dinner on the second night. I had no way of finding a restaurant in a part of the country I don't know and instead of the dinner I'd booked, I had a disgusting burger at a motorway services.

The Peak Weavers management completely washed their hands of the money I'd paid for the sherry-tasting and told me it was MY JOB to contact the wine shop.

I had to ring the door bell to gain admittance at about 7 to 8 o'clock.

The bedroom was TINY, with a single bed pushed against the wall, a night-stand [without the un-needed pot] and a chair the shape of old-fashioned Lloyd loom furniture. At least it had textile covering, but the upholstery was very thin and the chair was uncomfortable - quite unfit to be in paid-for accomodation.

There was an ensuite bathroom, about TWICE THE SIZE OF THE BEDROOM. there was no door between bedroom and bathroom, just a large archway, with a step up and down between the 2 spaces. There were no contrasting edges on the steps that might have reduced the risk of tripping on - what by any standards is - a curious architectural arrangement.

When I tried to run a bath, there was no flow of hot water. There was no sign of anyone on duty. I knocked on the downstairs rooms marked "private" and got no response.

The only way I could get any attention was by going outside and ringing the front door bell.

The manager appeared and was ANGRY THAT I WANTED HOT WATER. He was ANGRY THAT I HAD DISTURBED HIM.

The first morning I was able to have breakfast in the 1 hour slot they reserved for breakfast. The food was nicely cooked and I told them so. However I was disappointed that full English breakfast consisted of only 1 rasher of bacon and only 1 chipolata [half size] sausage, with the fried egg and tomato. The fruit offered was decidedly less than fresh. I would not offer fruit in that state of maturity to my [not paying] guests at home.

The chairs in the dining room were much more comfortable and of higher quality than the nasty, vintage-style, cheap/ill-cared for stuff my bedroom was furnished with.

The second evening there was no one visible, when I wanted to pay my bill.

I rang one of the doors upstairs marked "private" and the bad-tempered manager complained that he'd have to open up downstairs.

The rude man GRUMBLED EVEN WHEN I WAS PAYING HIM MONEY.

In a proper hotel, there would have been somewhere for guests to sit in the evening away from the bedroom.

The only thing that was any good in the hotel was th Wi Fi. The trouble was I had to sit on the bed to use it.

The following morning I could smell the breakfast being cooked, but because they allowed only a one hour slot for eating it, I had to leave the breakfast I'd paid for. Another guest left at the same time as I did, suggesting the Peak Weavers profited by SELLING 2 BREAKFASTS THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO SERVE.

It is inadequate that a place claiming in the small print to be a "restaurant with rooms" did'nt serve any dinner at all on 2 nights running, because one of the manager's children was ill.

Perhaps the manager should acquaint himself with the expression "employment agency" and avail himself of it's services to find a temporary chef.

I got the impression that the purpose of the manager's being there was to enable him and his family to live in a state of crumbling grandeur that they might not otherwise have afforded. He certainly appeared to me to be much too grand to concern himself with the most basic comfort of his guests.

Serving breakfast when visitors have to forgo it is very profitable in the short term. In the longer term, it wrecks his reputation.

It certainly didn't appear to be anywhere in his priorities to ensure the visitors had a comfortable stay.

My advice is CHOOSE A TOWN WITH A HOLIDAY INN, PREMIER INN OR SOME OTHER REPUTABLE CHAIN and stay away from Leek.

It'll cost much less and be massively better.

One hour each day for serving breakfast and NO FOOD at any other time does not constitute a restaurant, so I shall tick the "No Restaurant" box.

Below I am invited to tick boxes that describe the hotel. I shall tick the "No Frills" box. Actually it is much worse than that, but there is no box bad enough to describe the inadequacies of Peak Weavers and it's rude manager.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank RamblingRose47
weavy96, Owner at Peak Weavers Rooms & Restaurant, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
I'm very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I did call you a week in advance of your arrival to let you know that the venue for the sherry tasting had been changed due to my wife and I having to remain in hospital for some time. I did suggest that perhaps you would prefer to find alternative accommodation as dinner would not be available but you chose to keep the reservation. When paying the bill you were offered an early breakfast but declined saying that you needed to be on the road to Liverpool for 6am. When you came down at 7.10am breakfast was indeed being cooked for another guest who had taken up the offer of early breakfast.
Kind Regards
Stratford-upon-Avon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

The owner was very understanding about a problem with my bill, even though it wasn't his fault. The staff were accommodating and kind, the food nice and I slept like a baby in room 1. I was allowed to leave my car in the car park for the whole time including the day I checked out.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business