I booked one night at this hotel on a deal through TravelZoo which included afternoon tea, a 3 course meal in the Brasserie and breakfast, as a treat for my husband's birthday. On arrival I found the exterior a little unprepossessing but went through to a bright and airy reception to ask if I could pay for a room upgrade but was told I had already been allocated one of their best rooms - I have to say I wasn't disappointed. The room was ideal with a 4 poster bed which was easily large enough to accommodate my husbands 6 foot 5 frame and a huge, modern bathroom with jacuzzi bath and spacious separate shower. There were lovely touches such as ample tea, coffee and hot chocolate, and candles and a fresh flower on the end of the bath. The room was immaculate.
Our afternoon tea we took in the bar in front of the cozy log burner with warm scones almost as big as the plates they were served on. The barman/chef was friendly and pleasant and only too happy to recommend a good place to park in nearby Leek to enjoy an afternoon stroll.
After we returned we went for dinner and were very impressed with both the quality and quantity of the food and enjoyed the novelty of the "open" kitchen giving visual access to the kitchen and the chefs at work. Our waitress was a delight and indeed we found all of the staff very pleasant, a theme which continued at the very enjoyable breakfast the following morning.
We have stayed at many hotels, Inns and B & Bs over the years but for quality and value (thank you TravelZoo) I think The 3 Horseshoes would be hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the picturesque Staffordshire Peak District. Our 26 bedrooms range from contemporary Classic, Superior luxury bedrooms with massage showers or whirlpool baths, and our five Garden Rooms featuring their own garden, complete with personal cedar wood hot tub make our Country Inn & Spa the perfect place to stay. The Country Inn offers award winning food served in a relaxing atmosphere with Oak Beams, Open Fires and views over the Staffordshire Peak District. You can expect fresh, seasonal ingredients with modern British cuisines from their famous Signature dishes to traditional favorites such as pies, steaks, gourmet burgers and roasts. The Country Inn has been awarded 2 AA Rosettes for its culinary excellence. The Mill Wheel Spa provides unique experiences to include The Beach Hut, The Farmers Sauna, The Peak District Stonebath, The Mill Wheel Shower, Rasul, Plunge Pool, Outdoor Vitality Pool and Relaxation Suite, that will benefit and balance your well-being. The Spa offers half & full spa days, treatments and luxury spa breaks. Please note that the use of the Spa Facilities are only available to guests staying on spa days or breaks. The location means the views from the gardens are magnificent with breath-taking views of the Staffordshire Moorlands, Tittesworth Reservoir and the rock formations of the Roaches. Guests can enjoy local walks and experience beautiful views of the surrounding Peak District. Venture to the stunning Chatsworth House, The Potteries, Buxton and Alton Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Three Horseshoes Country Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Three Horseshoes Inn And Country Hotel
- The 3 Horseshoes Inn & Country Hotel
- Three Horseshoes Country Inn & Spa Leek, England