2,939 results
All reviews evening meal stately home luxury room an overnight stay full body massage relaxing break steam room birthday treat royal suite afternoon tea three course meal beautiful building food was lovely buffet style long gallery snooze room water beds
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 days ago

I attend Hoar Cross on a Hen Day, paid £185.00. To be fair I was late due to traffic and the treatment I had was fantastic. I was then taken back to reception, they told me to find my party, I did explain It was my first time, they offered no assistance, wasnt shown where the lockers were, so had no robe, was not provided with a schedule. Luch was a farse not enough staff to cater for more than 4 tables. Our party ordered a bottle of Champagne, waiter did not know how to pour and most went over the table. Food was Ok but not outstanding just mediocre. RIP OFF

Reviewed 6 days ago

Just returned from a lovely break at Hoar Cross Hall.
The Pros -
The food was honestly some of the best food I ever have had. Absolutely splendid. The spa is big but not over busy – was always able to go into the different rooms and facilities they offer. The grounds are stunning. Either sitting on the terrace or walking round the church it is beautiful. The room is comfy and sleep well. The dyson hair dryer is good and very impressive. The ladies changing rooms are MASSIVE and has everything you need in there.

The Cons –
Drinks with our meal arrived after we finished our starters. We had to ask twice where they were. They were very apologic but still very slow service. The wardrobe handle came off as my partner opened the wardrobe to get his shirt out. Had to call reception as no shampoo or conditioner in room, however did have lots of shower and bath gel. Called reception and was delivered very fast.

Furthermore when I left the resort the following day I returned home to realise I had left my keys there. They found them and called me back within minutes. They kept them safe until I returned 2 days later to get them. Very good service.

Would happily return- every day if I could.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Came here with my partner as a spur of the moment thing. The hotel and grounds are lovely, well kept and clean. Bedroom was fine with everything we needed and bed comfortable. The spa was wonderful, just what we needed. Food was nothing too special in our opinion, certainly not worth the money paid, saying that I did enjoy the concrete cake. Staff were very hit and miss here, both receptionists we dealt with did not seem interested at all, especially when checking out, she did not ask how our stay was, just wanted to take our money and get us out. The two bar men on were brilliant, super happy and friendly, a credit to this establishment, shame all staff members couldn’t share this enthusiasm.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned from a nights spa break at Hoar Cross Hall with friends. We had a fantastic time and were very impressed with the value for money. The hall is a beautiful listed building with a lovely ballroom overlooking the gardens used for dinner and breakfast. The bedrooms were newly refurbished and very comfortable. We especially liked the Dyson hairdryer. The spa has a wide range of facilities including saunas, steam rooms, jacuzzis, two pools and lots of different chill out areas. We all enjoyed our treatments which as typical for a spa are expensive but good quality. There was plenty of food and wine included in the package including two three course meals and a buffet breakfast. All the food was tasty and the dinner was especially good. Slight niggles were the check in was quite confused and the receptionist didn’t tell us much information. The building is difficult to navigate particularly the spa so help should be offered. Also info about dinner and breakfast times and venues weren’t forthcoming. If you take the lift from the hotel reception to the spa you end up in the back end of the spa and have to negotiate a maze of corridors to find the main reception.

Overall a lovely relaxing time, would recommend and we will return

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a disappointing romantic night away, firstly when we checked into our first room which was dirty with flies in, we were moved to another room which we later noticed that there was no curtains or blinds (we were told this room should of been out of service) then finally we were shown a selection of rooms/suites that to be honest were very dated, we did eventual find a room we liked but by then we had wasted 3 hours of our time (cutting into our spa time).
The spa it self was OK but we have been to better.
Our evening meal was good although a bit disappointed with our deserts (not the best, had better from our local supermarket!!)
Breakfast was OK but nothing special.

We did complain about this and we were refunded some money but to be honest this just didn't make up for a disappointing night away

We just expected allot better for the money we paid.

1  Thank trulywebb