I first visited Hoar Cross in 2003 and have returned a number of times over the years, so feel well qualified to comment.
We have just returned from an overnight stay ( first visit for my husband ) on the Spring into Spring package and enjoyed every moment.
During my last visit in September I left feeling a little dissapointed as so many things had been let slip. To name but a few, de-motivated staff in insufficient numbers and a general feeling of the place not
being cared for was sad to see.
WHAT A DIFFERENT STORY NOW THOUGH !!! Whatever has happened over the past 7months has certainly made a big difference. Every member of staff whom we came in contact with went out of their way to provide excellent levels of service with nothing being too much trouble. A number of senior staff appear to have been recruited in key areas such as the plantation restaurant and main evening dining room. They certainly know how to run a tight ship, observing the smooth running of their area and having high expectations of their staff. I don't normally single out particular members of staff but have to say that Becky who serves afternoon tea in the library is an apsolute delight. She embodies everything that excellent customer service is about and should be congratulated.
It is clear to see that work is under way refreshing the public areas with a fresh lick of paint and generally sprucing up the place which is good to see. Despite reading previous reviews we found all the areas around the main pool, detox centre and aqua massage area to be clean and well maintained. Hoar Cross is such a huge place people must surely realise that it's re-decoration is not going to be completed overnight and is a long term project.
Having read previous reviews I really don't know what people want for the rate you pay ! It is
excellent value for money, and if they are not happy should go elsewere - others to choose from in neighbouring counties will charge you at least double
the cost if not more. Well done Hoar Cross you are heading in the right direction - keep up the good work - we will return ( and more often if you plan to repeat April's offer) - thankyou. Ps: compliments to the ground care team - the garden's look stunning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a beautifully restored Grade II listed building. We Combine the pleasures of staying in an elegant English Stately Home with the facilities of a modern luxury spa resort, you'll be able to enjoy superb surroundings, fine dining and beautiful bedrooms suites and penthouses. Hidden away in 80 acres of English countryside, the spacious grounds have lakes and wildlife in abundance. Make use of the Tennis Courts, Golf course Practice Area & Driving range. We offer a variety of mouth-watering dishes and a host of therapies to wash away the stresses of everyday life. Treat yourself to a coffee or a slice of cake in the Oasis Cafe. We pride ourselves on our outstanding hospitality, so relax and let our dedicated staff take care of you. Winner of England's Leading Resort at the World Travel Awards for 7 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Hotel Hoar Cross
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Resort
- Cross Hall Hoar
- Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel Staffordshire