“Spa Day”

Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hoar Cross
Reviewed May 12, 2013

As a 60th Birthday gift I spent a Spa Day at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Resort. My day was absolutely wonderful, service, welcome and food just amazing. A time for me to relax with my daughter and enjoy the luxuries offered at Hoar Cross. Sitting outside on the balcony enjoying the sunshine and coffee - as well as the spa experience, fabulous.

Ending the day with a Treatment was the icing on the cake, my beautician, Lucy, was professional, friendly and informative and made the whole experience very special indeed. A lovely relaxing body treat.

Room Tip: Not applicable for me as this was a Spa Day.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Hoar Cross Hall S, Guest Relations Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Margaret N

Thank you for taking the time to write your review - your comments are greatly appreciated.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your 60th birthday gift with your daughter relaxing in the beautiful surroundings of Hoar Cross Hall.

We look forward to welcoming you and our daughter on many more birthday gifts in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I don't know where to start.....went with the girls and can honestly say was the best weekend I've had in years. Staff were all extremely welcoming and friendly, couldn't do enough for you. The rooms we stayed in were spotless and huge! We had interconnecting rooms, one with a hot tub on the balcony.... definitely would recommend this! The food at lunchtime was buffet style. Was all beautifully presented, fresh and tasty. Evening meal was divine. The whole weekend was so relaxing and the facilities are brilliant. We did a couple of classes, Pilates and Tai chi. Loved them both and all ran smoothly. The management should be so proud, they clearly know what they are doing and everything seems to run like clockwork.
Will definitely be going again very soon!

Dear gemma d

We are pleased to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your break at Hoar Cross Hall and that you are already planning to come again.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review - your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you all again soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went for a girlie weekend with 3 of my friends and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The atmosphere and the ambiance was out of this word. Money well spent it was worth every penny. I recommend to anyone wanting a luxurious, relaxing time to visit Hoar Cross Hall. We stayed overnight and our room was to die for. All of the staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was to much bother for them. The food at lunch time was buffet style and was fresh and beautiful. Our evening meal was in the main restaurant and was absolutely gorgeous. Overall an amazing weekend!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that that was interconnecting with a hot tub and would highly recommend.

Dear Bexta1974

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

we are pleased to hear that you and your friends all enjoyed your time at Hoar Cross Hall and that it was 'money well spent'.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been visitng Hoar Cross for nearly 20 years and have seen many changes. The last time I went, I was very disappointed, The atmosphere had changed, and there were many small problems. I have just been back and had a fabulous 2 day break,.The rooms are delightful and now have duvets-a much needed improvement. The meals are all excellent, plenty of choice, well prepared and presented. I wanted a minor change to one dish, and this was done with no fuss. The atmoshphere has changed for the better, a lot of new staff, but all extremely competant, friendly and helpful. Staff are proactive, managers going around checking and generally seeing and being seen. There are no included treatments as there used to be, but I understand the financial constraints on a business, and changes to policy do have to be made. The treatments I had were excellent. I enjoyed the grounds-for once it was sunny, the classes and being able to relax.The pianist in the evening was very enjoyable to listen to. There were a couple of large groups, but I did not find them intrusive as another reviewer has mentioned. Overall, Hoar Cross hall has rebranded in a positve way, and I will be revisiting again very soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Hoar Cross Hall S, Guest Relations Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear carol g

As mentioned, we have had a number of changes over the past 12 months including duvets on all the beds, free Wi-Fi in every room and new flat screen Freeview televisions in every bedroom to name a few.

All of our staff are willing to go that extra mile including our extremely talented chefs who are more than happy to amend a dish or create you a dish off the menu as long as they have the ingredients available.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty over the years and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed at Hoar Cross Hall over the weekend as a relaxing break and treat for myself and my fiancé. It was the first time he had ever visited and my 8th or 9th time. In the past I have always felt the belle of the ball when visiting however I know that the resort has been going through many changes and with this there are still many creases to iron out.
For instance, the packages have changed so on a basic stay you now no longer get the option of a free 30min facial or back massage, it is now facial only and you have to buy an additional massage on top, which I questioned and the reservations staff said we have had a few comments about that but they are the packages now. Anyhow I opted for a facial and enquired about an additional massage for my fiancé, anyway when we arrived it had appeared that my fiancé had a free massage included anyway even though I was informed this wasn't the case, if I had known this I would've booked a massage for myself too. Secondly, I felt as though I was at a water park or a 'normal hotel' as whenever we managed or started to relax a group of women would start screaming and completely destroy the peace. There were far too many hen do's I would suggest limiting the number as this didn't just effect the ambience around the pool, it was also in the dining room when we were eating. The final straw was the screaming in the corridors in the middle of the night so my fiancé and I could not enjoy the beautiful room we had and consequently we got a heavily disrupted sleep.
On top of the above, I was booked on an indulgence package and should've received chocolates in our room yet there weren't any.
Overall, it is a beautiful spa but I think the time has come to find a new up and coming resort as this one is no longer meeting normal expectations of a restful stay and my partner and I will have to find a more intimate setting for our breaks as it seems as though it has moved towards a more money making business opposed to the resort where you will relax as soon as you walk in and where you are made to feel so special. Such a shame.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine H
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Twelve years ago my sisters and I decided to take Mum to Hoar Cross Hall for a surprise for her 70th birthday. We stayed 2 days, 1 night Sunday to Monday. We had a fantastic time so much so that now every year just once a year, we return. But not for 1 night now, we have extended to 2 nights now 3 nights. The staff and surroundings are excellent, the rooms are the best ever (we always chose the same rooms) and the food has got better and better. Those few days we spend at Hoar Cross really feel as if we have been away from home for a week, we are so relaxed. Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear mummydub

We are pleased to hear that you and your family return to us every year for more rest and relaxation and that you have now extended your stays to 3 nights.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty during this period and we look forward to welcoming you all again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My best friend treated me to a 2 day 1 night stay with vouchers towards treatments for my Birthday gift, first time I have been here but certainly wont be the last!!! From the moment we checked in to the moment we left we wanted for nothing. The staff were helpful + friendly, food was fantastic + the spa + treatments were amazing. We had a very large + beautiful room in the original building overlooking the front lawn + stag statues + even though it was a very busy weekend with a lot of Hen parties + Birthday celebrations no noise traveled through to our room at all.
Would recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a bit of TLC although a word of advice - expect to put on a couple of pounds as the food is delicious + plentiful!!!!

1  Thank Heidi W

Dear Heidi W

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Hoar Cross Hall and are planning to return in the future.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your friend again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoar Cross
#1 of 11 in Stafford
Boars Head Hotel
Boars Head Hotel
#1 of 1 in Draycott in the Clay

Been to Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!